Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6]
I charge $0.01/w, I have 3 years of experience, how much should I be charging?
Thread poster: Ammar Naif
Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 23:20
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Lefteris Jan 16

Lefteris Kritikakis wrote:
One day someone will ask "how come you guys all have the same job, title and work tasks you had 20 years ago, and how come you're hanging out here, a website well-known for low-price offers, if you already have such a wide and generous clientele as you often claim, and are so great in marketing?"

We don't hang around here for the job offers, but for the conviviality. And yes, some of us are eccentric (some of us suffer the delusion that sarcasm is the appropriate response to everything... others have weird font preferences). And many of us have incompatible personalities, which can sometimes lead to grating interaction. There are forum rules that require each of us to be polite, but they're not often enforced, so it's a bit of a wild west here. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the company.

Arne Krueger
Christel Zipfel
Kevin Fulton
Zea_Mays
IrinaN

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 23:20
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Ammar Jan 16

Ammar Naif wrote:
When it comes to translating Arabic, the output translation is almost always Modern Standard Arabic, which is the standard language for all Arab countries...

Long ago, I worked for a translation company that purchased Arabic translations. We also thought that there is a thing called modern standard Arabic, and that that is what one can expect to receive from Arabic translators who are asked to translate "into Arabic". But you know best: if you are confident that you can deliver modern standard Arabic, then that's good -- clients' proofreaders will praise your work, and in the end, you'll retain more clients.

Ammar Naif

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I charge $0.01/w, I have 3 years of experience, how much should I be charging?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »