Manage "what I'm working on now" data on your behalf
Thread poster: cetian
cetian
cetian
Portugal
Mar 4, 2023

Hi, I hope this is the correct forum for my query. Sorry in advance, if I made a mistake.

When I try to connect CafeTran with my ProZ account, there is a warning saying that:

CafeTran Espresso wants to:

Does this mean that details from the translation I am working on (it's details, length, language, or worse, the name) will be shared by CafeTran in any forum or any public space?

... See more
Hi, I hope this is the correct forum for my query. Sorry in advance, if I made a mistake.

When I try to connect CafeTran with my ProZ account, there is a warning saying that:

CafeTran Espresso wants to:

Does this mean that details from the translation I am working on (it's details, length, language, or worse, the name) will be shared by CafeTran in any forum or any public space?

I don't want that to happen. If there is any information about my current translation being shared, I want to be the one who shares it, I don't want any automation or data collection.

[Edited at 2023-03-04 21:26 GMT]
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
You don't need to use this. Mar 5, 2023

You can disable / not use it.

cetian
cetian
Portugal
TOPIC STARTER
Should I first accept it and then disable it? Mar 5, 2023

@Hans Lenting

Where can I disable it?
Is it a feature of CafeTran or a configuration at ProZ?

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 16:30
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
ProZ.com WIWO Mar 6, 2023

CafeTran does not send any translation details to ProZ.com without your knowledge and specific action. If you wish you can only share such information knowingly by typing it in the specific WIWO (What I'm working on) panel, just like you might do it via ProZ.com directly here: https://www.proz.com/wiwo/

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Had to start Windows: Igor was faster ... Mar 6, 2023

Sorry for the late reply.

I just took a screenshot and since it would be a shame not to use it, I'm posting it here:
Screen Shot 2023-03-06 at 09.39.38
To repeat myself: You don't have to share any info, if you don't want to.

Happy translating with CafeTran Espresso!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »