Triston Goodwin
Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:52
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 10, 2015

Hi again!

As I'm sure some of you already know, I have been working on ways to further customize and optimize our Proz profiles. I just wanted to share my latest creation.

Aside from simplifying the process, I have also managed to get a YouTube video to function correctly within the templates I created. Of course, adding the video itself is really easy, but making everything work together is what caused me so much headache.

There is a link in my profile t
... See more
Hi again!

As I'm sure some of you already know, I have been working on ways to further customize and optimize our Proz profiles. I just wanted to share my latest creation.

Aside from simplifying the process, I have also managed to get a YouTube video to function correctly within the templates I created. Of course, adding the video itself is really easy, but making everything work together is what caused me so much headache.

There is a link in my profile that will take you to the tutorial I made that shows the entire process.

I would really like to know if anyone else has tried this. It's been very beneficial to me, as my profile really stands out. I just added a short video with some of the reviews and WWAs that I've received. I still have a lot to learn as far as making the videos, but again, it's just another way to stand out and to share a little bit about my company.

Let me know what you think!
Collapse

Jan Kovačič
Jan Kovačič  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Local time: 19:52
Member (2020)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Thumbs UP Apr 10, 2015

Adding YouTube video to ProZ profile page is a good idea, and an excellent way to stand out among translators.
This gave me motivation to try creating a presentation video myself, and since I'm familiar with graphic design and video production, it shouldn't be a lot of a problem.

Diana Obermeyer
Diana Obermeyer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:52
Member (2013)
German to English
+ ...
Great idea Apr 10, 2015

But the screen that talks about your business doesn't stay up long enough to actually read it and the font is very small. I had to pause it and set it to full screen.

Also, when I go to watch it on youtube, I'm shown a very different video. The last part had me in stitches... bless your clients.

Triston Goodwin
Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:52
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Did you mean the "Click Me" button? Apr 10, 2015

If you click on the YouTube video itself, it should only take you to where the video is being hosted. There's another button that leads to the tutorial I made on how I did everything - that one has a silly ending ^_^

Sorry about the size! That particular video is a work in progress and I'm still learning the programs used to make it. I'll have new one to replace it soon. It's actually part of my master plan to take over my entire local translation market.

And Jan, mak
... See more
If you click on the YouTube video itself, it should only take you to where the video is being hosted. There's another button that leads to the tutorial I made on how I did everything - that one has a silly ending ^_^

Sorry about the size! That particular video is a work in progress and I'm still learning the programs used to make it. I'll have new one to replace it soon. It's actually part of my master plan to take over my entire local translation market.

And Jan, make sure to send me a link once you have it! I'd love to see what other people are doing.
Collapse

Frank Wong
Frank Wong  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:52
Chinese to English
+ ...
Good idea Apr 12, 2015

Very good way, thanks for sharing.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding YouTube videos to your Proz Profile

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »