Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 20:20
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Dec 20, 2023

Hello

Is there someone here from the US willing to send me e.g. USD 10 to help me test how Revolut works when paying from the US to the Netherlands? I can pay the money back, e.g. via PayPal.

I'm also wondering how simple it is for US residents to sign up with Revolut... it took me half an hour of utter frustration, but perhaps it's because I'm from generation X.

Thanks
Samuel

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
AFAICT Dec 20, 2023

One can send or request money from within the Revolut app only after giving the app access to your contacts. Then, contacts that have a Revolut account will show up at the top of the list, but you can also apparently sent money to any other contacts... but I don't know how that would work.

It is also easy to send money to someone's Revolut account using a credit card (if the sender d
... See more
One can send or request money from within the Revolut app only after giving the app access to your contacts. Then, contacts that have a Revolut account will show up at the top of the list, but you can also apparently sent money to any other contacts... but I don't know how that would work.

It is also easy to send money to someone's Revolut account using a credit card (if the sender doesn't have a Revolut account), by going to https://revolut.me/[accountname]/ (where "account name" is the recipient's account name). Select the currency and type in the amount, and click Pay with Card and then pay with a credit card. Unfortunately, if the sender sends money in the wrong currency, Revolut creates a balance for that currency. So, if you want to receive payment in a specific currency, you can create a one-time payment link that includes the currency and amount, so the sender can't mess it up.
Collapse

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Revolut Business? Dec 21, 2023

I'm not from the US, but can you confirm whether you're using the Business version or the standard one?

I have both but don't mix them up for receiving money for professional reasons

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Personal Dec 21, 2023

I personally have a personal account.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Revolut (USA to EU)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »