Rates for jobs into French
Thread poster: ITIC
ITIC
ITIC
English to French
+ ...
Nov 8, 2023

Hi everyone, what are the current "standard" rates for TECHNICAL translations from DE or EN into FR?
Thanks in advance.

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:38
English to French
non-regulated market Nov 8, 2023

Agencies and end clients: as low as they can get away with without injuring or killing any operator/service technician
Translators: as high as they can get away with to ensure their work won't injure or kill anybody.

From proz.com community rates, for EN>FR on texts about mechanics, EUR0.11/source word is "standard" on 13,167 data points:
https://www.proz.com/?sp=pfe/rates
... See more
Agencies and end clients: as low as they can get away with without injuring or killing any operator/service technician
Translators: as high as they can get away with to ensure their work won't injure or kill anybody.

From proz.com community rates, for EN>FR on texts about mechanics, EUR0.11/source word is "standard" on 13,167 data points:
https://www.proz.com/?sp=pfe/rates

Philippe

edit for link not displaying correctly

[Edited at 2023-11-08 17:15 GMT]
Collapse

Baran Keki
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Inge Schumacher

Baran Keki
Baran Keki  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 01:38
English to Turkish
Peanuts Nov 9, 2023

If the current experiences of most people on these forums are to be believed, it's peanuts (in any language pair). Don't ask me how much that's worth, because I'm not in the retailing business myself.
But if I were to hazard a guess, then I'd say you'd get about 150 grams' worth of peanuts for translating 400 words. So if you really put your back into it and increase your speed and output through MT and CAT tools, you can make a few kilos in a week. You can then take those peanuts i
... See more
If the current experiences of most people on these forums are to be believed, it's peanuts (in any language pair). Don't ask me how much that's worth, because I'm not in the retailing business myself.
But if I were to hazard a guess, then I'd say you'd get about 150 grams' worth of peanuts for translating 400 words. So if you really put your back into it and increase your speed and output through MT and CAT tools, you can make a few kilos in a week. You can then take those peanuts into the market and sell them or trade them for other commodities like corn, fish, cigarettes, bog rolls etc. You can actually end up doing well for yourself!
You can, of course, get a better idea about the peanut exchange rates on the Proz job board.
Collapse

Adieu
Inge Schumacher

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rates for jobs into French

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »