Thread poster: teresa bardelli
teresa bardelli
teresa bardelli  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 18:51
English to Italian
Nov 2, 2023

Hi all,

I am negotiating my rates to start a collaboration for cognitive debriefing projects with a new agency and I would need some advice from you.
They asked the following:

Please summarize in a separate document the following rates offered for Cognitive Debriefing?
I would need a file including a rate breakdown for:
Recruitment of participants, Moderation, Cognitive Debriefing session, participants fees and any extra costs for each of the followin
... See more
Hi all,

I am negotiating my rates to start a collaboration for cognitive debriefing projects with a new agency and I would need some advice from you.
They asked the following:

Please summarize in a separate document the following rates offered for Cognitive Debriefing?
I would need a file including a rate breakdown for:
Recruitment of participants, Moderation, Cognitive Debriefing session, participants fees and any extra costs for each of the following:
Less than 1 hour of Cognitive Debriefing
1 hour of Cognitive Debriefing
2 hours of Cognitive Debriefing

I have been working as a Cognitive Debriefer since 2020, but I've only been working with one agency. They never discuss the rates with me. Instead, I receive a PO with the total amount, and I am having difficulties breaking down the different segments of the service (except for the participants fee, I offer a symbolic fee of 20€ to each participant).

Can you help me out here?
Collapse

Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 18:51
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Hourly rate Nov 2, 2023

I am not in the field of Cognitive Debriefing, but as in other fields, I suppose there should be an hourly rate for the service.
Just as there are different hourly rates for translation, transcreation and copywriting, I suppose there will be one for Cognitive Debriefing.
So you'd have to set that rate for yourself and then apply it to the various tasks that seem to me to need to be charged by the hour.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cognitive Debriefing Fees

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »