Turning a translation Project that is completed into a Translation Return Package
Thread poster: Eleonore Wapler
Eleonore Wapler
Eleonore Wapler  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:03
French to English
+ ...
Nov 21, 2017

Hi,
I created a Project on Trados Studio 2017 to translate a series of files.
I have completed the translation and need to send a Return package to my client. They had sent me a package to work from initially but I opened a new project to translate the files. Therefore the translation is not in the initial Package which still has the source files and TM and no translation.

Is there a way for me to send a Return package back?
The button for this shows as inactive (
... See more
Hi,
I created a Project on Trados Studio 2017 to translate a series of files.
I have completed the translation and need to send a Return package to my client. They had sent me a package to work from initially but I opened a new project to translate the files. Therefore the translation is not in the initial Package which still has the source files and TM and no translation.

Is there a way for me to send a Return package back?
The button for this shows as inactive (grey - I can't open the interface to create one). Cannot create a Package either because I am creating it myself and that doesn't work.

Or alternatively, is there a way for me to copy the translation I did from the Trados Project files to the empty Trados Package files?

Thanks for your help.
Collapse

conniebrathen
conniebrathen  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:03
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Your work flow is the problem Nov 21, 2017

As far as I know, you can only create a return package if you have opened and translated the package as received. What if you opened the original package now, and added your TM which is complete with the translation. This should surely translate the package for you in an instant, and you should be able to create the return package.

Christian Schaller
Christian Schaller  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:03
English to German
Use the sdlxliff file Nov 21, 2017

If you used the sdlxliff-file from the project package that the client sent you to create your own project, you can simply use the sdlxliff-file from the target language sub-folder of your own project, copy it to the respective folder of the original project .... et voilà, you can create a return package from there.

Otherwise, you would have to import your translation into a local TM and pre-translate the file again in the original project.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Turning a translation Project that is completed into a Translation Return Package

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »