Thread poster: Daina Jauntirans
Daina Jauntirans
Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:40
German to English
+ ...
Aug 8, 2004

Hi,

I am using Windows 2000, Word 2000, WF 4.20 Build 44w.

I had several files to translate that contained text on a gray background. When I cleaned the files, the text appeared backed in white on the gray background. These are not fields as in a previous thread.

The funny thing is that the text on the gray background cleans fine in Trados (according to my customer), so it's OK when I deliver uncleaned files. The problem just crops up when I clean using WF
... See more
Hi,

I am using Windows 2000, Word 2000, WF 4.20 Build 44w.

I had several files to translate that contained text on a gray background. When I cleaned the files, the text appeared backed in white on the gray background. These are not fields as in a previous thread.

The funny thing is that the text on the gray background cleans fine in Trados (according to my customer), so it's OK when I deliver uncleaned files. The problem just crops up when I clean using WF itself and need to deliver cleaned files.

PS I did post to the list, and the answer I got from the list was to upgrade to the newest build. However, I have had the experience in the past that when I give up a stable build for a new one, new problems crop up, so I'd like to stick with this one for now, if possible.
Collapse

Valentina Pecchiar
Valentina Pecchiar  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Upgrade and then downgrade again Aug 8, 2004

Daina Jauntirans wrote:
I did post to the list, and the answer I got from the list was to upgrade to the newest build. However, I have had the experience in the past that when I give up a stable build for a new one, new problems crop up, so I'd like to stick with this one for now, if possible.

You could still upgrade just for the cleaning and see how it works, then go back to your favorite build

BTW, I've been on WF for over 3 yrs now and build 4.22 t22 has proved to be the most stable - I am not sure it's still available on wordfast.net, in case just give a shout via my profile and I can send it to you.

Best luck

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Preserving formatting of gray backgrounds

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »