trados TMX->TXT : wordfast doesn't recognize all TU because of Trados symbols. URGENT
Thread poster: MStanicki
MStanicki
MStanicki  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 19:35
English to Polish
+ ...
Dec 4, 2008

Please, everybody, help.
I did:
export trados txt -> tmx ->load in Wordfast

as well the other way around:
export trados txt -> tmx -> use Olifant and save as Wordfast TM

either way in this TM, in Wordfast, almost every TU has strange symbols from Trados (%&=, etc.), sometimes lines of them -> IT PREVENTS WORDFAST from recognizing the source TU.

I compared one same line between TRados and Wordfast (with implemented TM as above): Trados sug
... See more
Please, everybody, help.
I did:
export trados txt -> tmx ->load in Wordfast

as well the other way around:
export trados txt -> tmx -> use Olifant and save as Wordfast TM

either way in this TM, in Wordfast, almost every TU has strange symbols from Trados (%&=, etc.), sometimes lines of them -> IT PREVENTS WORDFAST from recognizing the source TU.

I compared one same line between TRados and Wordfast (with implemented TM as above): Trados suggested the target, Wordfast did not?!? How come, they had the same TM?

I could do the project in Trados, sure, but I prefer Wordfast!!! plus I want to import .xls glossaries to .txt and use it in Wordfast (and Trados can't do it).

Please help.

P.S. I found in Olifant "code cleaner tool", so it cleaned everything. I thought I was home. But after uploading to Wordfast it still doesn't suggest targets, even though I can find them in the uploaded TM (via TM editor). What's going on?

[Zmieniono 2008-12-04 11:35 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

trados TMX->TXT : wordfast doesn't recognize all TU because of Trados symbols. URGENT

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »