https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/122308-trados_tmx_txt_wordfast_doesnt_recognize_all_tu_because_of_trados_symbols_urgent.html

trados TMX->TXT : wordfast doesn't recognize all TU because of Trados symbols. URGENT
Thread poster: MStanicki
MStanicki
MStanicki  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 00:26
English to Polish
+ ...
Dec 4, 2008

Please, everybody, help.
I did:
export trados txt -> tmx ->load in Wordfast

as well the other way around:
export trados txt -> tmx -> use Olifant and save as Wordfast TM

either way in this TM, in Wordfast, almost every TU has strange symbols from Trados (%&=, etc.), sometimes lines of them -> IT PREVENTS WORDFAST from recognizing the source TU.

I compared one same line between TRados and Wordfast (with implemented TM as above): Trados sug
... See more
Please, everybody, help.
I did:
export trados txt -> tmx ->load in Wordfast

as well the other way around:
export trados txt -> tmx -> use Olifant and save as Wordfast TM

either way in this TM, in Wordfast, almost every TU has strange symbols from Trados (%&=, etc.), sometimes lines of them -> IT PREVENTS WORDFAST from recognizing the source TU.

I compared one same line between TRados and Wordfast (with implemented TM as above): Trados suggested the target, Wordfast did not?!? How come, they had the same TM?

I could do the project in Trados, sure, but I prefer Wordfast!!! plus I want to import .xls glossaries to .txt and use it in Wordfast (and Trados can't do it).

Please help.

P.S. I found in Olifant "code cleaner tool", so it cleaned everything. I thought I was home. But after uploading to Wordfast it still doesn't suggest targets, even though I can find them in the uploaded TM (via TM editor). What's going on?

[Zmieniono 2008-12-04 11:35 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

trados TMX->TXT : wordfast doesn't recognize all TU because of Trados symbols. URGENT

Translation news related to Wordfast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »