María San Raimundo Vega  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:01
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 10, 2007

Hi all
I am translating a standard .doc text and when I am done with a segment and try to go to the next one, (most of the times) wordfast takes me to the end of the last page of the text for some strange reason...There is nothing special there! this is slowing my work a lot, as I have to find my segment again each time.

thank u all on advance for your help
Marialullaby

Luciano Drusetta
Luciano Drusetta
Italy
Hungarian to Italian
+ ...
Try Force segment Jul 10, 2007

Perhaps you can go to the next segment with Force segment (Shift+Alt+Down).

With the current segment opened, you simply select the next portion of text you wish to translate and press Shift+Alt+Down.

Luciano

María San Raimundo Vega
Spain
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jul 10, 2007

Thank you Luciano, I'll try that. I guess the problem is in the text itself rather than in Wordfast, because it had never happened to me before.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
You're right about certain documents Jul 11, 2007

Marialullaby wrote:
I guess the problem is in the text itself rather than in Wordfast, because it had never happened to me before.

I also find that some documents just behave funny. My solution is to break the document into pieces, translate the pieces, and put it all together again. It is often possible to separate the misbehaving section from the rest (once you can find it).

Luciano Drusetta
Luciano Drusetta
Italy
Hungarian to Italian
+ ...
Copy and paste everything in a new empty Word file Jul 11, 2007

Sometimes it helps, when Wordfast behaves... like a niño travieso.
Luciano

María San Raimundo Vega
Spain
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jul 12, 2007

Thank you Samuel and Luciano! I tried to force segmentation and it didn't work, so I copy pasted the documents without some "troublesome" charts and pictures and it worked! It's funny how a little tiny thing can make our work a nightmare isn't it? it took me ages to translate it just because I had to find my text everytime I closed a segment....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast keeps taking me to the end of my text

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »