Thread poster: Kate Hudson (X)
Kate Hudson (X)
Kate Hudson (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 01:39
Dutch to English
+ ...
Apr 23, 2007

I would like some input. Has any one actually got Wordfast to work on a Mac running the same system and version of Word as I have? I've signed up for the group buy on Proz. but can't get it to install (I've tried the options in the manual) let alone do anything else. IT has also done strange things to Word which now takes ages to open if I simply click on the Word icon. Word will open if I click on a document in Finder. Any suggestions would be v. welcome.

Kate

Robert Mota
Robert Mota
Local time: 19:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
failure to install WOrdfast in word 2004 on Mac OS X 10.4.9 Apr 24, 2007

I have Wordfast installed under the same config that you have. Works perfectly. No issues.

One thing that it does, it's that sometimes i have to re-enable the macros, but i think it's because i am using Microsoft office 2004 on a x86 mac, and microsoft office 2004 it's not a universal binary. Other than it wokrs nicely.

Miranda Joubioux (X)
Miranda Joubioux (X)  Identity Verified
French to English
Contact the yahoo group Apr 24, 2007

Hi Kate,

I don't use Wordfast on Mac, but I know that there are quite a few people who are members of the Wordfast Yahoo group who do. I suggest you join, and ask your question there. You will get a lot of help and assistance. Failing that, you can always use the hotline - through the website.

Miranda Joubioux (X)
Miranda Joubioux (X)  Identity Verified
French to English
Address Apr 24, 2007

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wordfast/

Roel Verschueren
Roel Verschueren  Identity Verified
Austria
English to Dutch
+ ...
Mac OS X 10.4.9 May 1, 2007

Hi Kate,

I am running Wordfast under the same operating system you have without any problem.
Try installing the free version again (3.35)
Are you running Microsoft Office 2004 or?
Have a look here:
http://www.global-tm.net/index.php?whichpage=specifications&lang=engb
Keep me posted!
Roel... Mac since ever

Kate Hudson wrote:

I would like some input. Has any one actually got Wordfast to work on a Mac running the same system and version of Word as I have? I've signed up for the group buy on Proz. but can't get it to install (I've tried the options in the manual) let alone do anything else. IT has also done strange things to Word which now takes ages to open if I simply click on the Word icon. Word will open if I click on a document in Finder. Any suggestions would be v. welcome.

Kate

TTilch
TTilch  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Also have it running May 3, 2007

Hi,

I recently installed it on a Mac with Mac OS X Tiger (latest updates included) and Word 2004 and it works fine. Where did you place the .dot file? You have to have write and read access to the file, so if you installed it in the folder of an Admin and are now trying to use it as another user, it might not work as you are then not the "owner" of the file. Place it somewhere locally of the user you want to use it with.

The only problem I have is that I have to re-acti
... See more
Hi,

I recently installed it on a Mac with Mac OS X Tiger (latest updates included) and Word 2004 and it works fine. Where did you place the .dot file? You have to have write and read access to the file, so if you installed it in the folder of an Admin and are now trying to use it as another user, it might not work as you are then not the "owner" of the file. Place it somewhere locally of the user you want to use it with.

The only problem I have is that I have to re-activate the macro every time I start Word (the startup folder option does not work properly).

Best regards,

Tanja
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

failure to install WOrdfast in word 2004 on Mac OS X 10.4.9

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »