Thread poster: María Teresa Taylor Oliver
María Teresa Taylor Oliver
María Teresa Taylor Oliver  Identity Verified
Panama
Local time: 08:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 19, 2007

I'm using Wordfast version 5.50z with Word 2003 and my TM has about 13,000 units.

When I have a TU open and I do a context search on a term, then close the separate window that opens with the context search results, and return to my document:

1) The Word window no longer shows me the point where my open TU is, but the cursor has gone all the way back to the beginning of my file. I have to scroll all the way down to my open TU in order to continue translating or reviewin
... See more
I'm using Wordfast version 5.50z with Word 2003 and my TM has about 13,000 units.

When I have a TU open and I do a context search on a term, then close the separate window that opens with the context search results, and return to my document:

1) The Word window no longer shows me the point where my open TU is, but the cursor has gone all the way back to the beginning of my file. I have to scroll all the way down to my open TU in order to continue translating or reviewing, which is annoying because a) it is a rather big file and b) I cannot use the Alt+Home shortcut because a TU is open.

2) When I press Alt+Down to close that unit and continue my translation, Word just freezes. It stays frozen until I have to do Ctrl+Alt+Del to force it to close.

3) I lose the last units I had worked on after the last time I saved my document.

I have had to deal with this erratic behaviour for a long time now. I remember I asked about it once at the Wordfast Yahoo! group, but I didn't get any answers.

Does anybody know how to bypass/correct this?

Thanks!
Collapse

María Teresa Taylor Oliver
María Teresa Taylor Oliver  Identity Verified
Panama
Local time: 08:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
VLTM module? Feb 19, 2007

I might add that this erratic behaviour is very erratic indeed. This doesn't happen every time, there are times when I can close the context search results window and return to my document window, and the cursor is right there in my open TU.

But this is not always the case. And the error (annoyance? problem?) happens often enough to be irritating.

Right no
... See more
I might add that this erratic behaviour is very erratic indeed. This doesn't happen every time, there are times when I can close the context search results window and return to my document window, and the cursor is right there in my open TU.

But this is not always the case. And the error (annoyance? problem?) happens often enough to be irritating.

Right now it happened again. I tried to use the Alt+Home shortcut to see what would happen, and I got an error message that said I didn't have a certain DLL installed, and then prompted me to install the VLTM module.

I had to search for that, since I didn't know what it was:

http://tinyurl.com/3xu9yt

Apparently, this refers to "The Very Large Translation Memory (VLTM) project".

What does that have to do with the problem I'm experiencing?

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

After context search: 1) Word doc returns to first page 2) Word freezes

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »