Can't reinstall wordfast after crash
Thread poster: Anne Brackenborough (X)
Anne Brackenborough (X)
Anne Brackenborough (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:06
German to English
Dec 13, 2006

My computer crashed while I was using wordfast and now I can't get wordfast to reinstall. I reinstalled Word and changed normal.dot, restarting the computer, opened Word and opened the wordfast template (as in the instructions, with low security etc.). As I clicked on the "install wordfast" button, the wordfast icon appeared in the toolbar, but then it vanished again. I can still find PlusTools, but there's no sign of wordfast anywhere. Has anyone had this problem before?

Word 2003<
... See more
My computer crashed while I was using wordfast and now I can't get wordfast to reinstall. I reinstalled Word and changed normal.dot, restarting the computer, opened Word and opened the wordfast template (as in the instructions, with low security etc.). As I clicked on the "install wordfast" button, the wordfast icon appeared in the toolbar, but then it vanished again. I can still find PlusTools, but there's no sign of wordfast anywhere. Has anyone had this problem before?

Word 2003
XP
wordfast 5.5something

[Bearbeitet am 2006-12-13 17:36]
Collapse

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
English to Czech
Trust to project in VBA Dec 13, 2006

Anne Koth wrote:

with low security etc.).

Word 2003

Go from page 01,02,03 to last pane

http://www.condak.net/lekce/duvera/en/04.html

Milan

Anne Brackenborough (X)
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
I did that too. Dec 13, 2006

It said that in the manual; still made no difference. It doesn't give me any virus protection messages, either, and whenever I try to install wordfast again, after going through the whole procedure of deleting normal.dot etc., the wordfast icon appears, for a second, in the toolbar, then vanishes as the message comes up that I've successfully installed wordfast.

Dan Marasescu
Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Hidden toolbar? Dec 13, 2006

Wordfast may be installed but not visible. Go to Tools\Templates and Add-ins and make sure Wordfast is checked. Then go to Tools\Custom\Toolbars and make sure the Wordfast toolbar is selected. The toolbar should be visible now.

Mulyadi Subali
Mulyadi Subali  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 07:06
English to Indonesian
+ ...
try the disabled items Dec 14, 2006

check whether it is disabled. on the toolbar, click help - about microsoft office word - disabled items. if it is there, click on it then click enable.

Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
Reinstall Word Dec 14, 2006

Hi,
I had the same problem last month and nothing worked. Eventually I ended up reinstalling Word, deleting the wordfast.dot and reinstalling wordfast.
I know it's more time-consuming... but it works.
regards,
Ritu

Anne Brackenborough (X)
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Mulţumesc! Dec 14, 2006

That did it, thanks! Another trick to remember.

Hipyan Nopri
Hipyan Nopri  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 07:06
English to Indonesian
+ ...
It really works Dec 14, 2006

Mulyadi Subali wrote:

check whether it is disabled. on the toolbar, click help - about microsoft office word - disabled items. if it is there, click on it then click enable.

Thanks Mulyadi, it really works. Actually, I had the same problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't reinstall wordfast after crash

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »