Thread poster: Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Italy
Local time: 21:15
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 8, 2004

Can anybody explain to me how to count repetitions on a ALREADY translated file?

I have already translated the file and updated the TM; now I would like to know how many words I actually translated and how many words had 100& matches.

I clicked on Analysis and I got some figures ... but I don't know how to interpret them correctly.

I'm also afraid I should have done that BEFORE translating.

Moreover, how do you charge repetitions?

... See more
Can anybody explain to me how to count repetitions on a ALREADY translated file?

I have already translated the file and updated the TM; now I would like to know how many words I actually translated and how many words had 100& matches.

I clicked on Analysis and I got some figures ... but I don't know how to interpret them correctly.

I'm also afraid I should have done that BEFORE translating.

Moreover, how do you charge repetitions?

Thank you very much
Collapse

Jaroslaw Michalak
Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:15
Member (2004)
English to Polish
SITE LOCALIZER
Simple solution... Sep 8, 2004

Create an empty TM, and analyze your files against that. You will not have any hits except the repetitions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

repetition counting

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »