Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 30, 2004

Dear all,

Wondering if anyone has worked in MS Publisher format in combination with Wordfast. If so, is there a way to avoid copying the text into a Word doc, and pasting the translation back into Publisher? Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks much,

Susana Galilea
Accredited Translator EUTI
<
... See more
Dear all,

Wondering if anyone has worked in MS Publisher format in combination with Wordfast. If so, is there a way to avoid copying the text into a Word doc, and pasting the translation back into Publisher? Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks much,

Susana Galilea
Accredited Translator EUTI
[email protected]
www.accentonspanish.com
Collapse

Daina Jauntirans
Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
No direct experience... Jul 30, 2004

but might it work the same way as for PowerPoint files? Open the PPT (Publisher??) file and a blank file in Word - click the down arrow on the WF toolbar in Word to start translating - source text is taken from the PPT file. Don't know if Publisher is supported in this way.

Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Apparently not Jul 30, 2004

Daina Jauntirans wrote:
but might it work the same way as for PowerPoint files? Open the PPT (Publisher??) file and a blank file in Word - click the down arrow on the WF toolbar in Word to start translating - source text is taken from the PPT file. Don't know if Publisher is supported in this way.

Thank you kindly, Daina. I tried your suggestion, but it does not seem to work.

I did figure out a useful command, where text within a box can be sent to a Word file (where I can use Wordfast), and then automatically appears in the Publisher file upon closing Word.

Any other suggestions will be much appreciated,

S.G.

[Edited at 2004-07-30 17:26]

Terejimenez
Terejimenez  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Help needed with wordfast and MS Publisher Mar 9, 2006

I do not know how to translate MS Publisher files using Wordfast. Can anyone help me please ?

Thanks a lot

Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Local time: 01:05
English to Russian
Impossible Mar 10, 2006

Theoretcally you can edit MSPUB stories in Word, but practically it has never worked here and I have never heard of anyone succeeding in it.
Ask your client to provide you with Word files. The styles will survive the translation AFAIK.
Stay well
Aleksandr
(Office 2000 + Publisher 2000)

P.S. Not with Wordfast, nor with Trados, or any CAT I know.

[Edited at 2006-03-10 05:25]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast and MS Publisher

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »