How to stop Wordfast from saving new segments in the TM?
Thread poster: Poisson rouge
Poisson rouge
Poisson rouge
Germany
Local time: 06:43
German to French
+ ...
May 14, 2009

Dear colleagues,

is it possible to stop Wordfast from saving new segments in the TM? I've read that this is the case for the BTM but the BTM only detects 100% matches. I've had a look at the PB and at the TM rules but can only find this function for 100% matches, once again. Is this possible for all types of segments? That would be great...

Thanks a lot

Fiona

PS: I know this sounds bizarre as this is not normally the point of having a CAT tool
... See more
Dear colleagues,

is it possible to stop Wordfast from saving new segments in the TM? I've read that this is the case for the BTM but the BTM only detects 100% matches. I've had a look at the PB and at the TM rules but can only find this function for 100% matches, once again. Is this possible for all types of segments? That would be great...

Thanks a lot

Fiona

PS: I know this sounds bizarre as this is not normally the point of having a CAT tool but I'm doing some reasearch on Wordfast at the moment so need to experiment things without messing up my TM
Collapse

Mary Georgina Hardinge
Mary Georgina Hardinge  Identity Verified
Spain
use BTM as TM? May 14, 2009

I have never tried this and don't know if it's possible, it's only a suggestion to try as no one else seems to have come up with anything: how about having the same TM as both BTM (so it won't get overwritten) and TM (so that it will come up with the fuzzy matches)?
Gina

NMR (X)
NMR (X)
France
French to Dutch
+ ...
You cannot use the same file as TM and as BTM May 14, 2009

Mary Georgina Hardinge wrote:

I have never tried this and don't know if it's possible, it's only a suggestion to try as no one else seems to have come up with anything: how about having the same TM as both BTM (so it won't get overwritten) and TM (so that it will come up with the fuzzy matches)?
Gina

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
MemoryMode or ProvisionalSegment May 14, 2009

Hi Gina,

You can either toggle MemoryMode with Shift+Alt+M or go to the next segment by marking the current segment as provisional with F10.

Regards,
Gerard

Terry Richards
Terry Richards
France
French to English
+ ...
Low tech approach May 15, 2009

Back up your TM and restore it once you are finished experimenting.

T.

Eric Hahn (X)
Eric Hahn (X)  Identity Verified
France
French to German
+ ...
Read only-mode May 15, 2009

In Wordfast Pro, you can set the read-only mode for every selected TM.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to stop Wordfast from saving new segments in the TM?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »