When I open Wordfast my Oxford spelling checker and dictionary buttons all disappear
Thread poster: Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 14:22
Dutch to English
May 11, 2009

Hallo,

Small but niggling problem here: every time I open Wordfast in the add-ins bar (Wordfast always displays only the 'open translation' button on start-up), my Oxford spelling checker and dictionary buttons all disappear. I need to go to Word options and tick the appropriate box in the Word add-ins to make them appear again. Often they will disappear again if I leave the add-ins menu and then return again. Also lost my Wordfast toolbox icon, though I can probably get this back
... See more
Hallo,

Small but niggling problem here: every time I open Wordfast in the add-ins bar (Wordfast always displays only the 'open translation' button on start-up), my Oxford spelling checker and dictionary buttons all disappear. I need to go to Word options and tick the appropriate box in the Word add-ins to make them appear again. Often they will disappear again if I leave the add-ins menu and then return again. Also lost my Wordfast toolbox icon, though I can probably get this back with a re-install; but maybe the problems are related?

System info: Vista (problem also occurred with XP), Office 2007, Wordfast 5.5.

Many thanks,

Olly Pekelharing

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-05-11 12:48 GMT]
Collapse

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
PB command May 12, 2009

Hallo Olly,

Have you tried to enable
KeepTemplate=All
in Pandora's box?

Regards,
Gerard

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Keeptemplate=All did the trick May 12, 2009

Hi Gerard,

Thanks very much! I had KeepTemplate activated which didn't help, but by adding '=All' the problem has been solved.

This will save me a lot of frustration!

Olly

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

When I open Wordfast my Oxford spelling checker and dictionary buttons all disappear

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »