Thread poster: angibi
angibi
angibi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:28
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 27, 2005

It's me again. I habe bought Infix by Iceni to simplify editing in tables. It seemed nice. But now I am at loss: for example, why if I edit something in a table and press "save" the editings are not saved?? Then, even if they did, how can I copy a table and paste it somewhere else??
Please, help me!!

Victor Potapov
Victor Potapov
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:28
English to Russian
+ ...
If this is Iceni Infix... Dec 28, 2005

I have also bought this software - right now I am not using it and am disappointed with it for a number of reasons.

1. it does not support Cyrillic letters - making it useless for editing PDFs in Russian.
2. it takes several minutes to update a document (Pentium 4 1.2 MHz, Windows XP Home, 512MB RAM - not a slow machine) with more than a few changes.
3. Document size increases to 20-25MB (I usually work with multi-page PDFs 1MB to 2.5 MB in size) if more than a few chang
... See more
I have also bought this software - right now I am not using it and am disappointed with it for a number of reasons.

1. it does not support Cyrillic letters - making it useless for editing PDFs in Russian.
2. it takes several minutes to update a document (Pentium 4 1.2 MHz, Windows XP Home, 512MB RAM - not a slow machine) with more than a few changes.
3. Document size increases to 20-25MB (I usually work with multi-page PDFs 1MB to 2.5 MB in size) if more than a few changes are saved at one time.

All in all, it looks like "work in progress", to put it mildly. Maybe new versions will be better. And it is of course nice to know that we have funded creation of those new versions by buying the old ones - that do not work...((

I have tried other software - PDF-to-Word converters such as Solid PDF, PDF 995, BCL AllPDF and ABBYY PDF Transformer (my favorite). Work much better (to my mind).

So, in summary: I think your problem is explained by the fact that this software (if we are talking about Iceni Infix) is not working as described.

Best regards!
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 16:28
English to Turkish
+ ...
Iceni Infix Dec 28, 2005

Hello Anna,

As Victor said it seems like a "work in progress" (in fact all programs are so, aren't they). Well it does not support Turkish letters as well. But I hope one day it shall...

Yes, I remember that I have announced this program in the forum
www.proz.com/topic/29149 And I have tested all new versions of infix since then, but unfortunately it is not so good with lar
... See more
Hello Anna,

As Victor said it seems like a "work in progress" (in fact all programs are so, aren't they). Well it does not support Turkish letters as well. But I hope one day it shall...

Yes, I remember that I have announced this program in the forum
www.proz.com/topic/29149 And I have tested all new versions of infix since then, but unfortunately it is not so good with large pdf files.

Well, I will continue with the new versions, but will not buy it or any other one untill they support Turkish fonts.

Sorry that I couldn't help with your questions
Collapse

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 10:28
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
They are getting somewhere! Aug 14, 2010

Using InFix 4.19 I managed to export text to tagged XML, translate it using Word 2003 with WordFast 5, and import the translation back to the PDF, fixing the lacking characters in some fonts.

It's still "work in progress", as I sent Iceni a whole list of (now minor) glitches and opportunities for improvement, but the whole thing works!

It's output PDF won't open properly in the ever-reliable Acrobat v4, but it will do so, without a wince, in the glitchy and unstable Ac
... See more
Using InFix 4.19 I managed to export text to tagged XML, translate it using Word 2003 with WordFast 5, and import the translation back to the PDF, fixing the lacking characters in some fonts.

It's still "work in progress", as I sent Iceni a whole list of (now minor) glitches and opportunities for improvement, but the whole thing works!

It's output PDF won't open properly in the ever-reliable Acrobat v4, but it will do so, without a wince, in the glitchy and unstable Acrobat Reader v9.

NOTE: As I work between EN/PT, I have no idea on its performance with nonp-Latin chars.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Infix

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »