Rad Graban (X)
Rad Graban (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:41
English to Slovak
+ ...
Sep 10, 2008

Hi all,

I'm unable to attach one particular pdf. file to e-mail in Thunderbird. When I try to attach it, the name of the file as atachement is displayed but pdf. icon is not shown. Trying to send the e-mail, I get a message: "Sending message failed. Unable to open temporary file c:/Users/Rad/Desktop/CITB TEST - slovenčina.pdf. Check your 'Temporary Directory' settings."
Does anybody have any idea what I need to do? I have no problem to attach the same file using my Yahoo! e-m
... See more
Hi all,

I'm unable to attach one particular pdf. file to e-mail in Thunderbird. When I try to attach it, the name of the file as atachement is displayed but pdf. icon is not shown. Trying to send the e-mail, I get a message: "Sending message failed. Unable to open temporary file c:/Users/Rad/Desktop/CITB TEST - slovenčina.pdf. Check your 'Temporary Directory' settings."
Does anybody have any idea what I need to do? I have no problem to attach the same file using my Yahoo! e-mail or any problems to attach other pdf. files in Thunderbird.
Collapse

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 16:41
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Rename the file Sep 10, 2008

so it will not contain diacritical characters. Has worked for me in like situations.

Uldis

Rad Graban wrote:
Unable to open temporary file c:/Users/Rad/Desktop/CITB TEST - slovenčina.pdf. Check your 'Temporary Directory' settings."

Rad Graban (X)
Rad Graban (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:41
English to Slovak
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks million! Sep 10, 2008

Blimey, that was easy! Worked like charm! Many thanks Uldis!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to attach file in Thunderbird

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »