Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
ベルギー
Local time: 09:19
メンバー
英語 から オランダ語
+ ...
Jun 30, 2002

Hi everyone,

I received an enquiry from one of the ProZ members about swapping accommodation for a short period of time.

Maybe this forum could be the right place to keep one another informed on this subject by simply posting the fact that you\'d be interested in swopping your condo, flat, house, villa, boat,...in e.g. South Africa for something similar in e.g. Germany from December 10 thru 24.

What about it?

... See more
Hi everyone,

I received an enquiry from one of the ProZ members about swapping accommodation for a short period of time.

Maybe this forum could be the right place to keep one another informed on this subject by simply posting the fact that you\'d be interested in swopping your condo, flat, house, villa, boat,...in e.g. South Africa for something similar in e.g. Germany from December 10 thru 24.

What about it?

Could lead to interesting exchanges.

I, for one, would be very interested to swop accommodation for two weeks with someone residing in the Seychelles or Jamaica or the Andaman Islands or the Maldives or Brazil sometime in November or December 2002.

Any other rather exotic destination would be considered as well, as long as I haven\'t been there before and as long as the climate is a bit better than what we have here.

By the way, are there in fact ProZ members residing in e.g. the Seychelles, Jamaica,... ?

Looking forward to lots of postings

Take care and enjoy the remainder of your day,

Evert Deloof-Sys
Collapse

Sandra Nortje
Sandra Nortje  Identity Verified
南アフリカ
2002に入会
アフリカーンス語 から 英語
+ ...
south africa<>belgium/the netherlands Jun 30, 2002

Hi Evert

Thanks for opening the discussion.

I am interested in swopping accommodation with a member in Belgium or the Netherlands.

I would need accomodation for three people, for a period of something between 4-6 weeks, but any period of time can be discussed.

It would be a great advantage if I could leave my two dogs at home, but I can make other arrangement is necessary.

So? anyone for Christmas in South Africa?

Regards
... See more
Hi Evert

Thanks for opening the discussion.

I am interested in swopping accommodation with a member in Belgium or the Netherlands.

I would need accomodation for three people, for a period of something between 4-6 weeks, but any period of time can be discussed.

It would be a great advantage if I could leave my two dogs at home, but I can make other arrangement is necessary.

So? anyone for Christmas in South Africa?

Regards

Sandra Nortje
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
ドイツ
英語 から ドイツ語
+ ...
...looking for something in London..? Jun 30, 2002

This forum is great...

A friend of mine is looking for accommodation in London; according to current planning, she will be there from the 2nd week in August until early October. She\'s a 25-year old German language student, very easy to get on with, and wouldn\'t mind paying for a room - albeit (hopefully) a bit less than the GBP 120-150 pw that\'s being demanded for anything that\'s less than an hour\'s travel from Central London...

Please contact me privately if
... See more
This forum is great...

A friend of mine is looking for accommodation in London; according to current planning, she will be there from the 2nd week in August until early October. She\'s a 25-year old German language student, very easy to get on with, and wouldn\'t mind paying for a room - albeit (hopefully) a bit less than the GBP 120-150 pw that\'s being demanded for anything that\'s less than an hour\'s travel from Central London...

Please contact me privately if you have any hints or offers - thanks in advance!

Ralf
Collapse

Maya Jurt
Maya Jurt  Identity Verified
スイス
フランス語 から ドイツ語
+ ...
A site for swapping Jun 30, 2002

Click on

http://www.servas.org/page.php?name=p_main

That\'s their business.

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
ベルギー
メンバー
英語 から オランダ語
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not really Jun 30, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-06-30 21:23, mayagyan wrote:

Click on

That\'s their business.

Not really Maya.

While I agree SERVAS is a well known organisation, you may only use the services and accommodation of its host members for a very limited period of time (a couple of days maximum).

Travel(l)ers are also supposed to pay a fee, go to an inte... See more
Quote:

On 2002-06-30 21:23, mayagyan wrote:

Click on

That\'s their business.

Not really Maya.

While I agree SERVAS is a well known organisation, you may only use the services and accommodation of its host members for a very limited period of time (a couple of days maximum).

Travel(l)ers are also supposed to pay a fee, go to an interview, list a report etc.

But certainly a very useful site.

[addsig] ▲ Collapse

Marijke Singer
Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
スペイン
メンバー
オランダ語 から 英語
+ ...
Accommodation Jul 1, 2002

Hi everyone,

I live near Oxford (UK) and should anybody need a double room please contact me privately. We have a four bedroom house inhabited by 2 adults, 2 children, a cat, 2 guinea pigs (outside), a corn snake and 5 African finches. Our children (11 and are bilingual (English and Dutch) and my son will be learning German next year. I also speak Spanish. I don\'t think we\'ll like to swoop this year but anybody is welcome to
... See more
Hi everyone,

I live near Oxford (UK) and should anybody need a double room please contact me privately. We have a four bedroom house inhabited by 2 adults, 2 children, a cat, 2 guinea pigs (outside), a corn snake and 5 African finches. Our children (11 and are bilingual (English and Dutch) and my son will be learning German next year. I also speak Spanish. I don\'t think we\'ll like to swoop this year but anybody is welcome to stay (we\'d only ask for a contribution towards hot water and such; if children are coming they can be accommodated too) if dates are suitable. I was thinking along the lines of Bed and Breakfast but you sort out your own breakfast.

Kind regards,

Marijke
Collapse

Dave Greatrix
Dave Greatrix  Identity Verified
英国
Local time: 08:19
オランダ語 から 英語
+ ...
What a brilliant idea! Jul 1, 2002

This even warrants having its own forum section.

Marijke Mayer
Marijke Mayer  Identity Verified
オランダ
オランダ語 から 英語
+ ...
Zoetermeer near The Hague, Holland Jul 1, 2002

It really is a great idea, and we need mutual trust. I also can\'t say when we will be leaving this summer, as that would be inviting thieves, but if a trusted ProZ member would be happy to feed our two cats and maybe water a plant or two and generally housesit the house, we could discuss to stay at a small charge and deposit to cover electricity and phone charges and use my Internet connection/computer/cable tv etc. for free. There\'s great bike riding in the so-called Green Heart. Ours is a t... See more
It really is a great idea, and we need mutual trust. I also can\'t say when we will be leaving this summer, as that would be inviting thieves, but if a trusted ProZ member would be happy to feed our two cats and maybe water a plant or two and generally housesit the house, we could discuss to stay at a small charge and deposit to cover electricity and phone charges and use my Internet connection/computer/cable tv etc. for free. There\'s great bike riding in the so-called Green Heart. Ours is a typical Dutch single family home, quiet neighborhood in a satellite city near a shopping center and trains to The Hague CS (20 minutes).Collapse

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
チリ
Local time: 03:19
2002に入会
スペイン語 から フランス語
+ ...
Chile Jul 1, 2002

Hi

I used to live in Dominican Republic, and all our European or South-American friends came on holidays to visit us

It\'s no more the same situation since we live in Chile, at least 14 hours from Europe, and such a long country that you need time to visit it, and of course, you can\'t stay at the same place all the time.

So, if you are thinking about visiting Patagonia, or the desert of Atacama, you\'ll have to spend
... See more
Hi

I used to live in Dominican Republic, and all our European or South-American friends came on holidays to visit us

It\'s no more the same situation since we live in Chile, at least 14 hours from Europe, and such a long country that you need time to visit it, and of course, you can\'t stay at the same place all the time.

So, if you are thinking about visiting Patagonia, or the desert of Atacama, you\'ll have to spend some days in Santiago, I\'ll be happy to have visitors.

Remember that our summer is between December and March.

Claudia

Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 03:19
サイトの創立者
Nice idea (and be careful) Jul 1, 2002

This is a nice suggestion.

One thing: I would recommend that anyone discussing the swapping of homes not be shy about doing the necessary checks: exchange IDs, confirm phone numbers / home addresses, etc. Unfortunately, this sort of network tends to attract shifty people who are very good at seeming trustworthy. (Sorry to be so negative, but I have seen it first-hand!)

By the way, if anyone happens to be passing through Syracuse, New York (nowhere near N
... See more
This is a nice suggestion.

One thing: I would recommend that anyone discussing the swapping of homes not be shy about doing the necessary checks: exchange IDs, confirm phone numbers / home addresses, etc. Unfortunately, this sort of network tends to attract shifty people who are very good at seeming trustworthy. (Sorry to be so negative, but I have seen it first-hand!)

By the way, if anyone happens to be passing through Syracuse, New York (nowhere near New York City, unfortunately), please call!
Collapse

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
ハンガリー
2002に入会
英語 から ハンガリー語
+ ...
Oops, I have not noticed this thread Feb 24, 2003

Evert,

When I proposed my similar idea a few days ago, I did not know that you had come up with this proposal last summer.

I hope you will enjoy / you enjoyed your stay on the Seychelles

Berni Armstrong
Berni Armstrong  Identity Verified
スペイン
メンバー
英語
+ ...
Remember human interaction is a lottery Feb 24, 2003

I agree with Henry on this one. Be careful how you handle personal information. I\'ve heard horror stories too - but personally only lost a couple of CDs and Books through unauthorised borrowing

I am on another mailing list and we had a similar scheme going. We had reports of members staying with members that worked out wonderfully - and others of people turning up and expecting the hosts to be their taxi drivers, cooks, porte
... See more
I agree with Henry on this one. Be careful how you handle personal information. I\'ve heard horror stories too - but personally only lost a couple of CDs and Books through unauthorised borrowing

I am on another mailing list and we had a similar scheme going. We had reports of members staying with members that worked out wonderfully - and others of people turning up and expecting the hosts to be their taxi drivers, cooks, porters and house cleaners.

Not wishing to put a damper on things - I would love to meet any ProZers passing fifty KM west of Barcelona - we must all remember that one person\'s idea of a best pal is another person\'s idea of a hellish companion The Chemistry that drives interaction is subtle and often hard to gauge.

Good luck with the idea though. Hope it works fo ALL of us!
Collapse

Sandra Pontow
Sandra Pontow
英語 から ドイツ語
Berlin<>Somewhere warm in June/July 2003 Mar 13, 2003

Hi everybody,

I think swapping is a great idea. I would like to get away for something like two weeks end of June/beginning of July to \"somewhere warm\" in Europe. We live in a lovely large flat in the heart of Berlin which can easily accomodate two grown-ups and two kids.

Is there a family out there interested in changing flats for a while?

Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
ドイツ
チェコ語 から ドイツ語
+ ...
Interested in a stay in Prague? Mar 28, 2003

Hi everybody,

I just happened to come across this forum and it gave me an idea: My flat-mate just having left I have a free room in a flat in the South of Prague, about 20 minutes from the center by metro (5 minutes walk to the station). It\'s green, sunny and quiet. If anybody\'s interested just send me a mail!

Looking forward to many replies!

Charlotte

PS: Please, no smokers...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

このフォーラムのモデレーター
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Swapping accommodation among ProZ.com members

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »