Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >
Off topic: 美国化、西方化、中国化? (Intercultural and Cross-cultural Experiences, etc.)
Thread poster: pkchan
Xiaoping Fu
Xiaoping Fu  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:42
Chinese to English
+ ...
也许相反? Nov 9, 2006

pkchan wrote:

重陽節遭冷遇, 大多數人不準備過。商家冷淡重陽節。這些都是近日報紙的標題。重陽節在台灣稱為『敬老節』,在中國大陸定為『老人節』。重陽節不受重視,是否意味著老人也會受到冷遇呢。在海外長大的青年人已不知有重陽節這回事,更何況是敬老,他們已經是太美国化了。

小的时候只知道九九重阳是登高的日子,没有听说过“老人节”。上网查一下发现,台湾把重阳节定为“敬老节”是1975年的事,那一年蒋介石逝世。而大陆是1989年把重阳节定为“老人节”的,想想那年春夏之交发生的事,也很耐人寻味。:-)

设立了老人节,不见得是对老人更加重视。可能恰恰相反,老人有了节日,正是老人逐渐从权力结构中退出的徵兆。中国封建社会两千年,社会权力多办掌握在老人手里。忠君与孝父是一码事。也没有什么“老人节”。中华人民共和国建国四十年才想起来设立老人节,这和给退了休的老干部当个什么顾问之类的荣衔如出一辙。

我们有“儿童节”,因为儿童弱小,需要特别多的关怀。我们有“妇女节”,因为妇女历来受的压迫最多。我们有“护士节”,因为护士的工作格外辛苦。我们以前没有“教师节”,因为旧社会讲“天、地、君、亲、师”,教师地位够高了。后来,1985年中国政府把9月10日定为“教师节”,那正是社会上出现“脑体倒挂”现象,教师的实际社会地位每况愈下的时候。

不知道别人怎样,我当教师的时候,最不喜欢过的就是“教师节”。我想,等我老到有资格过“老人节”的时候,恐怕最不喜欢过的就该是“老人节”了。:-D

Angus Woo
Angus Woo
Local time: 00:42
Chinese to English
+ ...
冬至 Nov 9, 2006

在香港有冬大過年的說法, 似乎是廣東人的特色, 其它地方沒有.

Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
这一家子的烂事儿和本话题无关,咱不说这个了。 Nov 11, 2006

pkchan wrote:

20世纪90年代,蒙古开始了一系列的政治和经济改革,政治上由原来的共产党执政变为多党执政和议会制,经济则以新自由主义(Neo-Liberism)作为改革的指导思想, Harvard大学的Jeffrey Sachs教授主持了蒙古90年代初期的经济改革,好来呜的电影也随之涌入Ulan Bator,人们的穿戴更加西化,英语是人们必须掌握的外语。蒙古国被美国政府称为"亚洲各国实行民主的楷模",为了进一步向西方文化靠拢, 蒙古政府计划放弃正在使用的西里尔文字,改用西方通用的拉丁文字,为此出台了《拉丁文字国家计划》。与亚洲其它国家相比,蒙古被认为是"亚洲最西化的国家"。

到底写斯拉夫字母拼写的蒙文,写和中国内蒙古自治区一样的老蒙文,还是电脑时代用英文拉丁字母拼写的蒙古文?学汉语,英语,还是俄语?
如今,对普通蒙古国老百姓来说,“说什么语,写什么字”都面临着蒙古国独有的尴尬选择。北纬46度以北俗称外蒙古的“蒙古国”,被认为是“亚洲最西化的国家”。蒙古人的平均收入远低于中国许多城市的收入水平,但蒙古人衣着西化的程度,远远超过中国内地的一般百姓。国际社会中的蒙古国,在全球化浪潮席卷而来时,经济发展面临抉择,其语言文化更受到前所未有的冲击。

qnck.cyol.com/gb/qnck/2005-02/23/content_1035708.htm

Kevin大哥, 這是什麼的一回事呀?

小PK,

谢谢和大家分享这条消息。我的评论是“穷则思变”,“废典忘祖”。他们遇到的瓶颈是,在电脑时代,老蒙文无法横向排版。可是外蒙古没有这个问题。就是原来的靠山太穷了。这一家子的烂事儿和本话题无关,咱不说这个了。

Kevin

Kevin Yang
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
It is not a fun thing to be old anywhere... Nov 11, 2006

pkchan wrote:

重陽節遭冷遇, 大多數人不準備過。商家冷淡重陽節。這些都是近日報紙的標題。重陽節在台灣稱為『敬老節』,在中國大陸定為『老人節』。重陽節不受重視,是否意味著老人也會受到冷遇呢。在海外長大的青年人已不知有重陽節這回事,更何況是敬老,他們已經是太美国化了。

Xiaoping Fu wrote:

设立了老人节,不见得是对老人更加重视。可能恰恰相反,老人有了节日,正是老人逐渐从权力结构中退出的徵兆。中国封建社会两千年,社会权力多办掌握在老人手里。忠君与孝父是一码事。也没有什么“老人节”。中华人民共和国建国四十年才想起来设立老人节,这和给退了休的老干部当个什么顾问之类的荣衔如出一辙。

不知道别人怎样,我当教师的时候,最不喜欢过的就是“教师节”。我想,等我老到有资格过“老人节”的时候,恐怕最不喜欢过的就该是“老人节”了。:-D

Hello, PK, Xiaoping, and All

In America, there is no such a national holiday as "The Senior's Day", although the people here sometimes try to promote it regionally. If you ride a bus here, the front seats are always designated to the senior and disabled people.

I think it is a good effort to preserve some good values of a culture or society, because it might loose quicker if do not do anything with it. In America, it is rarely the elderly parents would live with the children and live on them by receiving money and supports from their children. It is believed that it is the government's job to help the elderly people with their living. The senior people in America might admire the senior people in China. But the problem with the Chinese senior people is, they perhaps lost certain percentage of their own dignity and independence when they have to wait to be supported by their children, especially when a child who is not willingly to provide such support. It is not a fun thing to be old anywhere...

Kevin

Kevin Yang
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Happy Bachelor’s Day! Nov 11, 2006

Angus Woo wrote:

Angus, and all

Just heard that Hong Kong was celebrating "the Bachelor’s Day” on November 11th, which is often written as 11/11 and called 光棍节 (the bare sticks' day). Today is 11/11 here, and I wish “Happy Bachelor’s Day!” to all the bachelors in our Forum.

This is so creative, and I love it! Yes, the bachelors are a very important sector of the society and have been neglected by the married people, and I can certainly feel it.

Kevin

[修改时间: 2006-11-11 22:02]

David Shen
David Shen  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
PK兄 and Kevin Nov 11, 2006

PK兄,

Thanks for your valuable info on 波士顿.

Kevin,

In full support of “Happy Bachelor’s Day!” and solute to all bachelors on the forum, being him or her! Mark the date 11/11 for him, and O8/08 for her!

[Edited at 2006-11-11 22:47]

pkchan
pkchan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:42
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
光棍? Nov 11, 2006

TongliUSA wrote:

Angus Woo wrote:

Angus, and all

Just heard that Hong Kong was celebrating "the Bachelor’s Day” on November 11th, which is often written as 11/11 amd called 光棍节 (the bare sticks' day). Today is 11/11 here, and I wish “Happy Bachelor’s Day!” to all the bachelors in our Forum.

This is so creative, and I love it! Yes, the bachelors are a very important sector of the society and have been neglected by the married people, and I can certainly feel it.

Kevin

[修改时间: 2006-11-11 18:29]

廣東人說﹕光棍遇著無皮柴,剛好是11\11,4條。可惜我已是過來人,不然之話,便可一起慶祝。

pkchan
United States
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
來波城升學? Nov 11, 2006

Kevin,

In full support of “Happy Bachelor’s Day!” and solute to all bachelors on the forum, being him or her! Mark the date 11/11 for him, and O8/08 for her!
[/quote]

DAVID 大哥﹕在波士頓
Sovereign Bank 有 ,点不多,只限大波士頓地區
Key Bank 無
Citibank 無
Washington Mutual 無
Bank of America 有,点極多,全麻省有 ,成功收購 FLEET, 前身BANK BOSTON,是令公子或令千金來波城升學嗎?

[Edited at 2006-11-12 02:19]

[Edited at 2006-11-12 02:20]

David Shen
David Shen  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
Thanks PK! Nov 11, 2006

PK兄,

Thanks so much for the info! I have saved a copy.

Well, my friend's child is applying for some school in Boston and wants to know what options they have.

Would you do me a favor by deleting my question (which has nothing to do with your nice topic) from you quote?

And please don't call me 大哥, we may be the same age, even the same year!

Sorry I am not at a location where I can type Chinese!
Talk to you soon. Th
... See more
PK兄,

Well, my friend's child is applying for some school in Boston and wants to know what options they have.

Would you do me a favor by deleting my question (which has nothing to do with your nice topic) from you quote?

Talk to you soon. Thanks again!
Collapse

Angus Woo
Angus Woo
Chinese to English
+ ...
一隻公嘅節日 Nov 12, 2006

TongliUSA wrote:
Angus, and all

Just heard that Hong Kong was celebrating "the Bachelor’s Day” on November 11th, which is often written as 11/11 and called 光棍节 (the bare sticks' day). Today is 11/11 here, and I wish “Happy Bachelor’s Day!” to all the bachelors in our Forum.

Kevin

Well, you see, nowadays many people not only have a bachelor degree, but MBA as well - Married But Available. Wow! What a big family!

And I guess I should be grateful that while I am chasing after the opposit sex (觀音兵) I can still remember the reason why. Oh, thank you whoever up there.

[Edited at 2006-11-12 02:04]

redred
redred  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
Bachelors, don't worry about Nov 12, 2006

TongliUSA wrote:

Angus, and all

Kevin

[修改时间: 2006-11-11 22:02]

应该说钻石王老五节吧,酒是最老而醇香,他们的爱情故事是民间呼声最高的“中国当代十大爱情经典故事”候选伉俪。

(转)(北京讯)中国当代十大经典爱情故事征集评选活动昨天在北京正式启动。主办方说,备受关注的物理学大师杨振宁、翁帆的忘年恋完全符合条件,很可能当选“十大爱情经典故事”。

根据介绍,这次评选将坚持“和谐美满、积极健康,真人真事、感人至深,公众推荐、影响广泛,专家评议、权威审核”四项原则,参选的故事必须是目前健在人物的真人真事。

主办方将会邀请全国知名专家、学者组成评委会,对应征故事进行层层筛选并对故事真实性进行严格核实,选出20个入围故事,最后通过手机短信、网上投票和专家评选而产生中国当代十大经典爱情故事。

杨振宁教授和妻子翁帆。

评委代表、中国社科院研究员兼著名评论家白烨说,杨翁恋完全符合条件,他本人愿意为它投上一票。他认为,尽管杨翁在年龄、阅历、学识等方面不一定般配,但两人以非凡的勇气顶住巨大压力,一直“夫唱妇随”,和谐美满,可见一定有其般配之处。

据了解,本次评选活动的消息一传开,立即有很多人支持杨翁恋入选中国当代十大爱情经典故事。不少支持者还在网上举了不少名人的忘年恋力挺杨翁恋。

杨振宁:婚后最大愿望 想多活几年
翁帆要他多吃补品

每个人都有愿望,诺贝尔科学奖得主杨振宁教授也不例外;他希望自己能多活几年。

他说:“这问题很难,我当然有很多不可能实现的愿望,我想我最希望的是多活几年。事实上这句话不是空话,因为根据美国的统计研究,那些已活到80或84岁的人士,平均还能够多活6年,所以我想我可以活到90岁,而且翁帆也说,我是所有的84岁男人里头,看起来最健康的(笑),所以我希望我多活不只6年。”

他透露说,他本身是并没什么注意健康,反而是翁帆很注意他的健康,不时的准备补品及维他命丸给他吃。

“翁帆很注意我的健康,所以现在这个担子就是挑在她身上,她选了一些维他命,一些补品给我吃,我是不太相信补品的,不过她选了给我吃,我就吃了。”

问及他有没有想过要留下什么给翁帆时,他说,他在订婚前及结婚之后,都有想过这个问题。

杨振宁教授昨日在吉隆坡希尔顿酒店,接受马国中文媒体联合专访,较深入谈他和妻子翁帆的婚姻生活。

难得的是,翁帆也和教授一同回答有关两人婚后生活的提问。而且也对媒体提出的尖锐问题侃侃而谈。

第二次见杨振宁 翁帆感觉有改变

对于今天的丈夫杨振宁,翁帆的感觉是如何的?她说,1995年初识杨振宁和妻子杜致礼时,她很敬重两人,直至2004年初第二次见到杨教授时,才不知不觉,有了不是初相识的感觉。

翁帆说:“这是非常大的不一样,1995年我看见他的时候,他对我来说是非常陌生,就是觉得遥不可及、我非常尊敬的一个教授。因为他待人非常亲切,所以我当时陪了他和他当时的太太大概一个星期的时间,我很喜欢他们俩,当然也很敬重他们。”

“之后,我们每年会交换圣诞卡片。一直到2004年初我才第二次看见他,当然那时候我们多了很多机会交往,所以慢慢地我们就这样了。”

对于敬重改为亲密关系,她说:“这种改变是不知不觉的,不是说好了或想好了要怎么改变,就是你自己不知不觉的发现,两个人的关系已经不是当初的那种感觉了。”

杨振宁夫妇谈婚姻

●和翁帆的结合是一种生命的延长的方式,现在是否有重新出发的感觉?

杨振宁:不可能是重新出发。我年纪大的时候和年轻的女人结婚,很多人有种种的评论,有抨击的也有赞成的。可能很多人并没有注意到,我本来也没有注意到是我在结婚之后才注意到的。在年纪大的男人的立场上而言,和年轻的女人结婚,没有问题是在自己的感受上一部分是使他的生命延长。

●谈到两年婚姻生活的苦与乐

杨振宁:很多人想知道的是,年纪大的人和年轻的人结合是不是有代沟,这句话就要看你是什么意思,比如我们看影片时,我说起以前的明星,她不懂是谁,而她说起现代的明星,我从来没听说过。这是有一个代沟。不过反过来讲,我把我的时代的明星介绍给她,她看了之后,也认同他们是大明星,也等于是开了新的方向。总而言之,我想我们没有因为过去的不一样,而发生不一样的看法。这可以说是我们互相带给了对方一些新的经验和看法。

●谈到对方在彼此人生中占有什么样的地位和意义

杨振宁:翁帆在我人生之中,意义是非常重要而且非常清楚的。我们在新加坡已经跟新闻记者讲了,一个年纪大的人,虽然可能你看我还可以走得很快,但是跟年轻人还是有很大的分别,最主要是我的反应的速度,没有年轻人这么快。你们也许看不出来,我自己从前也不晓得,可是当我到了七八十岁以后反应比较慢,这样的情况之下最容易发生的事情就是摔跤,所以现在走在路上,尤其是楼梯上,拉着翁帆,给了我很多的安全感。

翁帆:他对我来说当然也非常重要,因为我跟他结婚之后,生活上的变化非常的大。之前,我还在学校念书,学校的环境是非常的简单,可是自从和他结婚之后,我想我有机会认识非常多种类的人,也有机会接触到很多不同的事物,我想这些就是看得出或看不出,都会对我的生活起到很大的影响。

[Edited at 2006-11-12 02:28]

Kevin Yang
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Guys, educate me… Nov 12, 2006

Angus Woo wrote:
Well, you see, nowadays many people not only have a bachelor degree, but MBA as well - Married But Available. Wow! What a big family!

And I guess I should be grateful that while I am chasing after the opposit sex (觀音兵) I can still remember the reason why. Oh, thank you whoever up there.

David, Angus, PK, and all

When David said “Mark the date 11/11 for him, and 08/08 for her!” I wonder if “08/08” means the Bachelorette’s Day. I was totally not aware of it.

PK and Angus have been throwing Cantonese at me. I assume “光棍遇著無皮柴,剛好是11\11,4條。” is talking about playing Ma-Jiang, correct? Please explain to me how come the opposite sex is referred as 觀音兵? I know Guanyin is the Goddess of Mercy. Does “一隻公嘅節日” mean “The Festival of a Man”? I am trying to lean something here.

Kevin

[修改时间: 2006-11-12 06:06]

pkchan
United States
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hey, Brother! Nov 12, 2006

David Shen wrote:

PK兄,

Talk to you soon. Thanks again!

『稱兄道弟』的文化, 中外相同。 稱『大哥』為『大哥』除了自己可以做『小弟』之外,還想一再年青多一時。你我年齡不是相差數年,就是數月、數日、甚至數小時,總之是同屬這一代,我說的東西你明白,你寫的對白,我有會心的微笑。但是,前一段時期,你我生活在兩個不同的社會制度,吸收了不同的文化養份,現在,同屬美帝世界警察的子民,你在西,我在東,仍可在虛擬的論壇,交換著自由的空氣,那是不能想像的。

查理河的水多濁,哈佛園的紅磚,波士頓唐人街只是這麼的一點點,不是『氹仔浸蛟龍』,就是『池中無魚蝦為大』。說唐人文化過去就是台山人文化,拜香港電視影帶之賜,香港文化才有一席位置。全唐人街五星旗只有一面,一下飛機不久,一家大小便參加了他們的『火雞節』,那是二十多年前了,他們第一次接觸到香港人這稀有品種。現在,唐人街文化還是香港文化。中國移民多了,再過一些時候,就是大陸化了。美国化?西方化?還得要看像我們這些文化販子的推銷術了。

[Edited at 2006-11-12 03:29]

pkchan
United States
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Cantonese Workshop Nov 12, 2006

TongliUSA wrote:

Angus Woo wrote:

When David said “Mark the date 11/11 for him, and 08/08 for her!” I wonder if “08/08” means the Bachelorette’s Day. I was totally not aware of it.

PK an Angus have been throwing Cantonese at me. I assume “光棍遇著無皮柴,剛好是11\11,4條。” is talking about play Ma-Jiang, correct? Please explain to me how come the opposite sex is referred as 觀音兵? I know Guanyin is the Goddess of Mercy. Does “一隻公嘅節日” mean “The Festival of a Man”? I am trying to lean something here.

Kevin

香港文化講座﹕第一講 -從『光棍』說起
主持人﹕pkchan
聽眾﹕成人或有家長陪同
講解﹕文字,不附圖片
家課﹕多看港產片
KEVIN大哥﹕請留心,不要四處望女仔

光棍=無皮柴=一枝公=寡老一名=孤家寡人=未婚單身男人

4條=鋤大D都幾大,但不夠同花順大,不是麻將,有點不文,不能說得太清楚,小女孩不宜

觀音=女神,兵=勤務員 觀音兵=為著追女仔,甘願做女人奴隸

Angus Woo
Angus Woo
Chinese to English
+ ...
好正確 Nov 12, 2006

pkchan wrote:
TongliUSA wrote:

PK an Angus have been throwing Cantonese at me. I assume “光棍遇著無皮柴,剛好是11\11,4條。” is talking about play Ma-Jiang, correct? Please explain to me how come the opposite sex is referred as 觀音兵? I know Guanyin is the Goddess of Mercy. Does “一隻公嘅節日” mean “The Festival of a Man”? I am trying to lean something here.

Kevin

香港文化講座﹕第一講 -從『光棍』說起
主持人﹕pkchan
聽眾﹕成人或有家長陪同
講解﹕文字,不附圖片
家課﹕多看港產片
KEVIN大哥﹕請留心,不要四處望女仔

光棍=無皮柴=一枝公=寡老一名=孤家寡人=未婚單身男人

4條=鋤大D都幾大,但不夠同花順大,不是麻將,有點不文,不能說得太清楚,小女孩不宜

觀音=女神,兵=勤務員 觀音兵=為著追女仔,甘願做女人奴隸

版主大人, 沒有樹皮的木柴就是光棍, 沒有皮了嘛, 當然是光身的. “光棍遇著無皮柴"就是光棍遇到光棍, 也就是11啦.

其它的PK前輩已經解釋得很清楚啦, 就不重複了.

白話有不少用語, 比較粗俗, 但大都想一想就可以明白其中的意思.

舉個例子, "扭紋柴"同樣說的是木柴, 可意思就不一樣了, 版主猜猜是說什麼?

[Edited at 2006-11-12 12:56]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

美国化、西方化、中国化? (Intercultural and Cross-cultural Experiences, etc.)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »