Full time job offer, company credentials and records history.
Thread poster: yugoslavia
yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
Local time: 19:11
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 2, 2011

Dear colleagues,

I'm writing you because I was offered a full time job as a translator and interpreter with a company in the UK.

The company in The UK has a website and looks that is reliable. However I would like to know it is possible to check their credentials, financial status and payment history through some of the British government agencies. I had a bad experience with a translation company from The UK 4 years ago and I don't want this to happen again.

... See more
Dear colleagues,

I'm writing you because I was offered a full time job as a translator and interpreter with a company in the UK.

The company in The UK has a website and looks that is reliable. However I would like to know it is possible to check their credentials, financial status and payment history through some of the British government agencies. I had a bad experience with a translation company from The UK 4 years ago and I don't want this to happen again.

I know in The United States you can find this information through the Department of Labor of The United States, The Better Business Bureau and the Department of Consumer Affairs of every state of the United States. I would like to know where I can get this information in The UK. I live in The United States and I'm not really familiar with the government agencies that keep these records in The United Kingdom.

Thanks for your prompt answer and helpful comments.

Spanish translators and interpreters could write me in Spanish if is faster for you.

Greatly appreciated
Collapse

Louisa Berry
Louisa Berry
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:11
Member (2009)
German to English
Companies House Aug 2, 2011

Companies House http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/ holds information on private and public limited companies.

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
Local time: 19:11
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Louisa Aug 3, 2011

Hi Louisa,

Thank you very much for this information.

Do you know any other government agency in The UK?

Thanks..

Yugoslavia

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Full time job offer, company credentials and records history.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »