Winalign in Trados 7
Thread poster: trad500
trad500
trad500
Local time: 20:10
English to French
Jun 1, 2006

Hello,
I bought Trados 7 Freelance last year and am just starting to use it (was on maternity leave). I installed the software and want to use winalign to create a database of some of my past translations. However, I now get the message that Winalign is only in a demo mode. I thought WinAlign came with Trados... Am I wrong there? If not, any idea why I get this message and how to fix it?

pcovs
pcovs
Denmark
Local time: 21:10
English to Danish
Perhaps just a license issue. Jun 1, 2006

Perhaps WinAlign doesn't realise where to look for the softkey.

Go to Help > About Trados WinAlign - then you get a screen with a button down to the right saying 'License Manager'.

See if your softkey license is listed here, and if not, you should add it, obviously.

In this picture there is also a button saying 'Test License'.
This button is used to check if WinAlign recognises the license.

Hope it helps ;o)

trad500
trad500
Local time: 20:10
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jun 1, 2006

PCovs wrote:

Perhaps WinAlign doesn't realise where to look for the softkey.

Go to Help > About Trados WinAlign - then you get a screen with a button down to the right saying 'License Manager'.

See if your softkey license is listed here, and if not, you should add it, obviously.

In this picture there is also a button saying 'Test License'.
This button is used to check if WinAlign recognises the license.

Hope it helps ;o)

You're a star! Thank you so much!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Winalign in Trados 7

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »