Hussein Abd-Elatif
Hussein Abd-Elatif  Identity Verified
United Arab Emirates
Local time: 13:12
Member (2017)
English to Arabic
Jan 16, 2022

Hi team,
I'm encountering a problem with Trados 2014, your help is highly appreciated.

Files type: xlsx

First: I was looking for how to make TAGs non-editable in my files(protect tags) and I could find a way of adding a specific Regex to the project setting and it worked well with me.

Second: comes the problem when TAGs became protected, the process of pre-translating the files from (Google translate API) was ending with the below error and I can't un
... See more
Hi team,
I'm encountering a problem with Trados 2014, your help is highly appreciated.

Files type: xlsx

First: I was looking for how to make TAGs non-editable in my files(protect tags) and I could find a way of adding a specific Regex to the project setting and it worked well with me.

Second: comes the problem when TAGs became protected, the process of pre-translating the files from (Google translate API) was ending with the below error and I can't understand the reason especially that some files works well without any errors.
It shows: " translation provider threw exception ".

Untitled

More details:
When I enter the excel file without running the MT, the file works well and I can find the source. But, when I start pre-translate it, it gives me the mentioned error.

Kindly advice
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2014: problem with tags

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »