Barbara Carrara  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 03:25
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
A scam is a scam is a scam Feb 25, 2022

Daryo wrote:
Ahem ... In fact, it's called "due diligence" - a concept you can ignore only at your own perils - and it's never "wasted time". Even if it's just for practice.

And it's also important to interpret what you find in the right way. Like not assuming that every domaine [sic] name must have a website. False negatives are as bad as false positives.

If I agree 100% with you when it comes to due diligence, in this specific case, with all the scam-screaming red flags popping up left, right and centre in the original message received by Sedat (who, in the meantime, has been ignoring his own thread for 26 days, BTW), I would not be bothered to investigate this 'potential client' any further.

[Edited at 2022-02-25 16:05 GMT]

P.L.F. Persio
expressisverbis

O G V
O G V
Spain
Member (2006)
French to Spanish
+ ...
WE GOT TO STOP THIS SCAM AGENCY Apr 4, 2022

i also got involved in this scam.
The reason of trust, their working website. I know you can't take that for granted.

I wish this threat focus in the essential point, join all prozians involved and end with this "agency".

I send a complain trough linkedin, without any feedback yet.
Notice of Defamatory Content
Hora de creación:
Creación: Hace 10 días
Estado: Abiertos
Número del caso: 22...

I dont know if I can share
... See more
i also got involved in this scam.
The reason of trust, their working website. I know you can't take that for granted.

I wish this threat focus in the essential point, join all prozians involved and end with this "agency".

I send a complain trough linkedin, without any feedback yet.
Notice of Defamatory Content
Hora de creación:
Creación: Hace 10 días
Estado: Abiertos
Número del caso: 22...

I dont know if I can share it here but you can denounce them: https://www.linkedin.com/company/green-translations/

their "working" website http://www.green-translations.com

fake names

Smith Paul

Smith Paul
[email protected]
Green translations LTD.
Project Manager
+447845998628

germanwfff
Green translations LTD.
An ISO 9001:2008 Certified Company

Address: 39 Lamlash PI Motherwell ML1 3NE, United Kingdom
TEL: +447845998628
What'sapp: +447845998628
Email : [email protected]
[email protected]

John Horsky

I hope this threat do not become a "dialogue" between colleagues about how xxxx you are/I am and we make a team to destroy this kind of shit in our profession or at least end with this "agency".

Sorry for the terms
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Watch our for a Scammer Dennis Spears [email protected]

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »