Kheirtranslatio
Kheirtranslatio  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 22, 2012

Dear colleagues,

I recently made the mistake of submitting a complicated Arabic - German translation without asking for a deposit (I guess I though that because their website looked legitimate, they should be fine to work with; big mistake!).

The company subsequently confirmed receipt of the invoice but never submitted the payment, in spite of my incessant reminders and notices. The company insists on not having received my invoices and does not respond to my em
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I recently made the mistake of submitting a complicated Arabic - German translation without asking for a deposit (I guess I though that because their website looked legitimate, they should be fine to work with; big mistake!).

The company subsequently confirmed receipt of the invoice but never submitted the payment, in spite of my incessant reminders and notices. The company insists on not having received my invoices and does not respond to my emails.

NATIVE-SPEAKER.ORG operates also in other language combinations and contacts freelance professionals by email.

Please take my warnings regarding this company into consideration.

Kind regards,

Zaha Kheir
Collapse

Ricardy Ricot
Ricardy Ricot  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:05
French to English
+ ...
Sorry to hear Oct 22, 2012

Sorry to hear about that, Kheirtranslatio. And thank you for warning us.

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 00:05
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
BlueBoard Oct 22, 2012

Please make a Blue Board posting about this - you don't have to be a paid Proz.com subscriber to post there. I think you will find the name will soon be removed from this post since naming names isn't allowed in the public forum.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 06:05
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Known scammer Nov 15, 2012

This was a reincarnation of a well-known Egyptian scammer:
http://www.proz.com/blueboard/20779

You will find all available information at the BB record (see the other records listed there as well).

In the future, please always do the following:

1) Before replying to any offer from an unknown person perform a comprehensive search (website, name, availabi
... See more
This was a reincarnation of a well-known Egyptian scammer:
http://www.proz.com/blueboard/20779

You will find all available information at the BB record (see the other records listed there as well).

In the future, please always do the following:

1) Before replying to any offer from an unknown person perform a comprehensive search (website, name, availability of full contact details and their correctness, etc.)

2) NEVER accept any job from anybody who hasn't provided you with their full and verifyable contact details

3) Subscribe to scam center alerts at http://www.proz.com/about/translator-scam-alerts/ to avoid similar sad experience in the future.

Natalia
P.S. Please also see http://www.proz.com/topic/237347

[Edited at 2012-11-15 16:38 GMT]
Collapse

Kheirtranslatio
Kheirtranslatio  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Nov 15, 2012

Hi Natalia,

Thanks for the info and for the good advice for future collaborations.

Kind regards,

Zaha

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scammer: NATIVE SPEAKER.ORG

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »