Powwow: New York - United States

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: New York - United States".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Susan Starling
Susan Starling  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:55
German to English
ideas Jun 11, 2003

Hi everyone,

Has anyone got a preference as to a time/place for the powwow? So far everything's still up for grabs. Elena suggested perhaps trying for a conference room at a hotel, which sounds good to me, since we'd have a bit of privacy but also be able to order food and drinks. Any other ideas/commments? What about inviting agencies?

Susan

Susan Starling
Susan Starling  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:55
German to English
hello again Jun 30, 2003

Bad news, for me at least - My plans have changed due to family problems and I'm now going to have to go down to d.c. on the 3rd, so I won't even be in New York on the 5th as I had planned. I'm sorry I won't be able to meet you all, and I hope the powwow gets off the ground without me. As far as I understand the process, I think that someone needs to register to be the organizer (I'm just the proposer). Anyway good luck, and maybe there will be another opportunity to get together some other time... See more
Bad news, for me at least - My plans have changed due to family problems and I'm now going to have to go down to d.c. on the 3rd, so I won't even be in New York on the 5th as I had planned. I'm sorry I won't be able to meet you all, and I hope the powwow gets off the ground without me. As far as I understand the process, I think that someone needs to register to be the organizer (I'm just the proposer). Anyway good luck, and maybe there will be another opportunity to get together some other time!

Susan
Collapse

Ruselkie
Ruselkie
United States
Local time: 13:55
French to Russian
+ ...
Tomorrow...? Jul 4, 2003

Hello All,

Just would like to see if we are going to meet tomorrow - for me personally, even a small casual get together is highly desireble!

Marian Greenfield
Marian Greenfield  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:55
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Not tomorrow Jul 4, 2003

sorry, I can't make it. Neither can Susan. That leaves only you as far as I can tell.

Perhaps another time, not a holiday weekend.

protolmach
protolmach  Identity Verified
United States
English to Russian
+ ...
Hi! Jul 4, 2003

Sorry, won't be able to make it, either. Agree with Marian, let's choose a weekend some time in the fall, not a holiday!
Happy 4th to all of us!!!
Elana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: New York - United States

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »