Can't write a line in full in a table
Thread poster: wonita (X)
wonita (X)
wonita (X)
China
Local time: 12:29
Sep 27, 2012

I've had this problem several times, and it happens again. I can't write a few lines in full before a new line starts. Have tried almost all functions. Can anybody help?

Many thanks!
Bin

Adam Podstawczynski (X)
Adam Podstawczynski (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:29
Polish to English
+ ...
More detail needed Sep 27, 2012

Hello,

What exactly are you trying to do? Is this in MS Word? What do you mean by "can't write a few lines in full"?

Adam

wonita (X)
wonita (X)
China
Local time: 12:29
TOPIC STARTER
Example Sep 27, 2012

This
line breakes after the word "this". I can't add a single word to this line any more, neither kann I put "this" down at the next line. "this" always takes a whole line.

Adam Podstawczynski wrote:

Hello,

What exactly are you trying to do? Is this in MS Word? What do you mean by "can't write a few lines in full"?

Adam

Adam Podstawczynski (X)
Adam Podstawczynski (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:29
Polish to English
+ ...
Padding? Sep 27, 2012

You wrote that the problem occurs in a table. If so, maybe cell padding is to blame?

Right click -> Table properties -> Cell -> Option

and there check if the cell is not excessively padded. "Padding" is invisible empty space around the text you type in, and it may cause seemingly strange line wrapping.

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 10:29
Dutch to English
+ ...
Move the margin? Sep 27, 2012

I can't picture exactly what the problem is but the cell may not be quite wide enough to fit the sentence. Sometimes it takes a move of just a fraction of an inch to fix that. If not, you could consider reducing the font size by 1 point. Or does your sentence cut off in the middle of the cell?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't write a line in full in a table

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »