Has anyone heard of BiCortex Translations and Languages?
Thread poster: Mosina
Mosina
Mosina  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 20:30
Member (2014)
English to Russian
+ ...
Feb 16, 2023

Hi guys,
I've been recently contacted by some BiCortex Translations and Languages bicortexlanguages.com and bicortextranslations.com
Has anyone heard of them? They don't look like a reliable employer to me.
Thank you for your response.
KR

Michael Newton
Michael Newton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:30
Japanese to English
+ ...
BiCortex Feb 16, 2023

If you Google BiCortex, you will find they are headquartered in Spain with locations all over the world. They have their own TMS (Translation Management System). My sense is that you would not make much money with them.

Mosina
philgoddard

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Can't Feb 16, 2023

Mosina wrote:
I've been recently contacted by ...

You're not allowed to mention clients on the forums, except in the Scam subforum, if you're fairly certain that they are scammers. You should search the Blue Board for them, and if you can't find them there, add an entry "Make an entry" to request comments.

https://www.proz.com/blueboard/

You can ask questions about specific outsourcers on the WPPF mailing list:
https://groups.io/g/WPPF/

Mosina
philgoddard
Jorge Payan

Lucia28
Lucia28
France
English to French
+ ...
Contact by BiCortez Jan 5

Good evening I am a sworn translator and was contacted by them a few days ago for a sworn translation job for which they asked me to provide only the "Word files" which they call "simple translation".
This doesn't sound totally right as one could imagine...
So as they say "A bon entendeur ... "
Happy New Year to all

MollyRose
MollyRose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:30
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yes Jan 5

I was recently contacted by them through LinkedIn for teaching English as a second language to a child whose father was relocated with his company from Brazil. When I found out that they live on my way home from work, I agreed to do it. Everyone at BiCortex that I have communicated with have been friendly, and all seems to be well. Which reminds me, today is the last day I have to send in my invoice for December! Thanks for the reminder (even though unintended)!

[Edited at
... See more
I was recently contacted by them through LinkedIn for teaching English as a second language to a child whose father was relocated with his company from Brazil. When I found out that they live on my way home from work, I agreed to do it. Everyone at BiCortex that I have communicated with have been friendly, and all seems to be well. Which reminds me, today is the last day I have to send in my invoice for December! Thanks for the reminder (even though unintended)!

[Edited at 2024-01-05 22:41 GMT]
Collapse

MollyRose
MollyRose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:30
English to Spanish
+ ...
Helpful? Jan 5

I just noticed that the question was posted last February! My answer is probably too late for them! But maybe this will help someone else, including the latest poster.

S. Kathryn Jiménez Boyd
S. Kathryn Jiménez Boyd  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2018)
Spanish to English
+ ...
I worked with them Jan 6

Yep, I worked with them once on a small project and they paid just fine, were nice to deal with as well.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Has anyone heard of BiCortex Translations and Languages?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »