Thread poster: Austra Muizniece
Austra Muizniece
Austra Muizniece  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 19:24
English to Latvian
+ ...
Mar 26, 2006

I have just now started working with LocStudio and have a major problem-an EDB QA (reviewing strings for the correctness of their translation, ensuring consistency within the product) project has to be delivered tomorrow, however, I was supposed to receive an "error categories" file from the client. As far as I understand, this "error categories" file is required in order to have predefined values for the error categories and be able to categorise errors. The problem is, I can't get to this file... See more
I have just now started working with LocStudio and have a major problem-an EDB QA (reviewing strings for the correctness of their translation, ensuring consistency within the product) project has to be delivered tomorrow, however, I was supposed to receive an "error categories" file from the client. As far as I understand, this "error categories" file is required in order to have predefined values for the error categories and be able to categorise errors. The problem is, I can't get to this file, it's a weekend and the deadline is tomorrow. So my question is this - is it possible to work on an EDB QA project without having this file, or do I just have to wait to get it?Collapse

Gail Zhang
Gail Zhang  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:24
Chinese to English
+ ...
Do they pay you for all strings? Or just strings filtered by this "error catagory?" Mar 26, 2006

If it's not a huge EDB, I suggest you to screen all strings and still delivery by Monday. I do not quite understand what "error catagory" is but I use LocStudio all the time. If this EDB is huge, it might be a filter client created so you can check the strings they think have problems? If so, then just wait till they send you the filter. It would not be your fault if you can not delivery in time. Good luck.

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:24
English to French
Multiple choice column? Mar 26, 2006

Dear Austra,
I am not sure it will help, but did you look at the column headings in the edb file? there may be an error category column where you can select the error category (double click on such cell to see if an arrow on the left of the cell appears).
This is all I can think of...
All the best,
Philippe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Question about LocStudio, error categories

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »