Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 16:32
English to German
+ ...
Feb 27, 2006

Hi all,
It seems the CS and CS2 versions do not work as separate programs when installed on the same comp. I have had a case just now InDesign CS and CS2, a CS version file needed upgrading to CS2 and it didn´t work out. Now I have distributed them on two comps. Others may be facing similar troubles. Just wanted to share the info. Brandis

Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Works fine on my system Feb 28, 2006

Hi Brandis

I have both versions running on my system, and both work fine.

Double clicking on a CS file launches CS2 (being the last indd application installed, it is used as default for this file type), so when I need to open a CS file without converting it to CS2 I just launch the CS application first, then I open the file.

But I have also successfully converted CS files by opening them in CS2 and then doing a Save as.

If you then need to reo
... See more
Hi Brandis

Double clicking on a CS file launches CS2 (being the last indd application installed, it is used as default for this file type), so when I need to open a CS file without converting it to CS2 I just launch the CS application first, then I open the file.

But I have also successfully converted CS files by opening them in CS2 and then doing a Save as.

If you then need to reopen the CS2 file in CS, you need to save it as Interchange Format (but also make sure that yout CS version is updated with the April 2005 Compatibility Update, availbale from the Adobe site).

cheers,
Roberta
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I know this work around Feb 28, 2006

Roberta Anderson wrote:

Hi Brandis

If you then need to reopen the CS2 file in CS, you need to save it as Interchange Format (but also make sure that yout CS version is updated with the April 2005 Compatibility Update, availbale from the Adobe site).

cheers,
Roberta
infact you told me how to go about it last time, remember but I haven´t managed getting them both to running while on same system. So I thought this is a catch here. Well thank you, I shall keep trying. Thank you I shall get hold of that update as well.Best Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New discovery pertaining to Adobe CS and CS2 Versions

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »