Trados and RC WinTrans
Thread poster: nickiy
nickiy
nickiy  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:21
English to German
+ ...
Aug 23, 2005

Does anybody use both of them complementing each other?
The one for software localization and the other for help-filse and manuals, both using the same translation memory and glossary.
Are there any complication to face?
Another concern of mine is can I use the localalized Microsoft Glossary with RC WinTrans.
I used to work with Catalyst and Trados. It was always very helpful have the MS Glossaries, especially localizing the menu bar of SW.
Best regards,
nick
... See more
The one for software localization and the other for help-filse and manuals, both using the same translation memory and glossary.
Another concern of mine is can I use the localalized Microsoft Glossary with RC WinTrans.
I used to work with Catalyst and Trados. It was always very helpful have the MS Glossaries, especially localizing the menu bar of SW.
Best regards,
nickiy
Collapse

Sylvia Scheibe
Sylvia Scheibe  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:21
English to German
+ ...
Good integration of Trados Aug 23, 2005

Hi Nickiy,

when I last worked with RC-WinTrans (version 5 or 6) I found that the integration of Trados worked very well. You could even do a concordance search in Trados from the RC-WinTrans interface.
I also imported Microsoft glossaries to RC-WinTrans which took very long (about 20 minutes for some glossaries) but was quite helpful.

Kind regards,
Sylvia

werners
werners
English to German
RC-WinTrans Glossary from Schaudin.com Aug 29, 2005

nickiy wrote:

Best regards,
nickiy

Hello Nickiy,

RC-WinTrans 6-7 can import an MS product glossary to create an RC-WinTrans glossary (Access database).
A Microsoft glossary (.csv text file) cannot be used directly.

We have RC-WinTrans glossaries available made from MS product glossaries. What is the language pair (English to ?? ) you are looking for ?

Please contact us (Schaudin.com, [email protected]) if you like to get an RC-WinTrans glossary we might have or for further questions.

Sincerely,
Werner Schaudin
Support, Schaudin.com
www.schaudin.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados and RC WinTrans

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »