archive upgrading from InDesign 3.0 CS to 4 CS2
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 01:03
English to German
+ ...
Jul 15, 2005

Hello all, One of my clients wishes to upgrade his archive (some technical) files from InDesign 3.0 CS to InDesign 4.0. I could successfully export from he version 3.0 translate .isc etc, but the reimport in 4.0 CS2 is not going, the plug-in is not functioning, and I couldn´t find any newer plug-in for ver 4.0 at trados webside. Any or all ideas will much appreciated. Thank you in advance Brandis

Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
you'll need to go via ID3/CS first Jul 15, 2005

I think you'll need to reimport in ID 3/CS, then open the ID file in ID4/CS to convert it into this newer format.

Roberta

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
not going Jul 16, 2005

Roberta Anderson wrote:

I think you'll need to reimport in ID 3/CS, then open the ID file in ID4/CS to convert it into this newer format.

Roberta
Hi! Do you mean the Trados 6.5.5 IND Plug-in currently supporting INDD CS3.0 works also for 4.0. I have checked- ID4.0 is not taking the 6.5.5 plug-in. Best Brandis

Rodolfo Raya
Rodolfo Raya  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:03
English to Spanish
Translate InDesign Interchange files Jul 16, 2005

Hi,

Indesign has an option for exporting as "InDesign Interchange" (INX), an XML format used for exchanging documents between different versions of InDesign. INX files are InDesign's version of FrameMaker's MIF files.

Heartsome's tools translate INX files as XML and I guess that Trados Tag Editor should be able to handle that format too.

Regards,
Rodolfo

Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
reimport in original document Jul 16, 2005

Brandis wrote:

Do you mean the Trados 6.5.5 IND Plug-in currently supporting INDD CS3.0 works also for 4.0. I have checked- ID4.0 is not taking the 6.5.5 plug-in. Best Brandis

No, what I meant is if you have exported the text from ID 3/CS and have successfully translated it, then you sould reimport in the same document/version, and convert to ID 4/CS2 as a separate task afterwards.

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ingenious Jul 16, 2005

Roberta Anderson wrote:

Brandis wrote:

Do you mean the Trados 6.5.5 IND Plug-in currently supporting INDD CS3.0 works also for 4.0. I have checked- ID4.0 is not taking the 6.5.5 plug-in. Best Brandis

No, what I meant is if you have exported the text from ID 3/CS and have successfully translated it, then you sould reimport in the same document/version, and convert to ID 4/CS2 as a separate task afterwards.
Hi that worked. Thank a million. I saved the tag editor target text and rechanged the file ending to .ind, bingo it went. Thank you Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

archive upgrading from InDesign 3.0 CS to 4 CS2

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »