Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 05:54
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Apr 15, 2005

Is anybody planning to attend the upcoming Localization World conference in Bonn? (http://www.localizationworld.com/LWBonn2005/index.htm)

Has anybody attended last year's edition, and is willing to share their impressions?

Thanks!
Roberta

Jeff Allen
Jeff Allen  Identity Verified
France
Multiplelanguages
+ ...
comments on Localization World Apr 15, 2005

Roberta Anderson wrote:

Is anybody planning to attend the upcoming Localization World conference in Bonn? (http://www.localizationworld.com/LWBonn2005/index.htm)

Has anybody attended last year's edition, and is willing to share their impressions?

Yes, I attended Localization World Bonn in 2004 as a speaker, panel moderator, and booth representative. I was supposed to go to Localization World Seattle 2003 but phone conferenced in for a meeting because it was at the time our first child arrived.
Localization World started out its first year with 2 conferences per year, then expanded to 3 times per year. It has regularly had over 350 attendees at each conference representing 150 companies on average. The attendance at the various Localization World conferences have shown a significant upturn in the overall translation/localization market since the impact of 11 Sept a few years ago.
I usually only now go to conferences that have much visibility and networking impact (because I have to take days off day job to attend), and LW is definitely an excellent networking opportunity. They have a Localization Network service online to find other people to network with before and after the conference.
http://www.localizationworld.com/network/index.php

Tons of booths to visit to see the tools and services and to find agencies to work with. An entire range of booths that stretch out throughout the center.

Lunch and coffee breaks are included.

A set of computers with internet connections for checking email onsite for free at the conference.

Usually 2-4 separate tracks of sessions in parallel.

More of a focus on industry and enterprise level transation and localization solutions. Yet there are freelancers who attend.

I want to be able to go again this year to the Bonn 2005 event, but not sure I can attend since I have some significant deadlines around that time.

I think it is a very worthwhile event. It's the one I choose above all other conferences.

Jeff
http://www.geocities.com/jeffallenpubs/

[Edited at 2005-04-30 12:46]

Francesco Volpe
Francesco Volpe  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
I'll be there May 2, 2005

Hi Roberta,

I'll be there on behalf of the company I work with.

Are you going to come too?

Ciao

Francesco

Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
meet other Proz member attending LW Bonn May 2, 2005

Thank you Jeff for the useful info!

Francesco, unfortunately I'll not be ble to attend...

But I think this thread might be useful for any Proz member who will attend to get in touch with each other, so that you can have a chance to meet at the event.

Enjoy and network!

cheers,
Roberta

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Localization World conference in Bonn

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »