Thread poster: Tamie (X)
Tamie (X)
Tamie (X)
United States
Local time: 10:57
Japanese to English
+ ...
Oct 24, 2003

I submitted the assignment on the agency's FTP site since files were too big to attach on emails. They called me back and told me they cannot open them. I tryied zipping, changed names, ect.. nothing seems to be working. Can anybody have any idea what's causing this trouble and how to solve it? Thanks.

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:57
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
ASCII or Binary data transfer? Oct 25, 2003

You may need to set the file transfer to binary and not ASCII. I don't know what you are using to upload your files to the FTP site, but yu should be able to switch the upload format.

Tamie wrote:

I submitted the assignment on the agency's FTP site since files were too big to attach on emails. They called me back and told me they cannot open them. I tryied zipping, changed names, ect.. nothing seems to be working. Can anybody have any idea what's causing this trouble and how to solve it? Thanks.

Tamie (X)
Tamie (X)
United States
Local time: 10:57
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Oct 25, 2003

Thank you for the helpful advice Katalin. I will try changing the upload format.
Thanks again!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot open files on FTP.

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »