求助:如何进行兼职网站的ID Verification
Thread poster: jamesguo
jamesguo
jamesguo
China
Local time: 09:46
English to Chinese
May 24, 2013

不知道大家有用过oDesk的吗?我在取款时它告诉我需要身份验证,于是我就把身份证复印件和银行账单扫描发了过去,但仍然通不过,说是需要英文的身份证明和银行账单信息。小弟经验不足,不知道这个应该去哪里找呢?我询问了工行,他们说不提供英文账单的。

先谢过各位!

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:46
Chinese to English
+ ...
Financial Dealings May 24, 2013

Typically what you do in situations like this is have your supporting documents translated into English, and then have them notarized or certified by the appropriate authorities. What constitutes acceptable certification in this case would be determined by the financial branch of oDesk.

BTW, with all the financial scams going on these days, I'd be very hesitant to divulge this kind of info to anyone. Of course if you yourself initiated the transaction, it is relatively safe.

Rita Pang
Rita Pang  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:46
Member (2011)
Chinese to English
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Odesk rates May 24, 2013

wherestip wrote:

Typically what you do in situations like this is have your supporting documents translated into English, and then have them notarized or certified by the appropriate authorities. What constitutes acceptable certification in this case would be determined by the financial branch of oDesk.

BTW, with all the financial scams going on these days, I'd be very hesitant to divulge this kind of info to anyone. Of course if you yourself initiated the transaction, it is relatively safe.

I know ODesk is a reputable site for freelancers, but just because a site is secure does not mean that it is immune to scammers. Also, rates on odesk are often pitiful...are you sure you want to go through all the processes of having your documents notarized (which can be very expensive) so to sign up for a site where even though signing up is free, chances of getting decent-paying jobs are slim?

The worst I've seen on odesk is someone charging $3 per project. Even if it's a "proofreading" project of 10 words, that shouldn't happen.

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:46
Chinese to English
+ ...
Race to the bottom May 24, 2013

Rita Pang wrote:

I know ODesk is a reputable site for freelancers, but just because a site is secure does not mean that it is immune to scammers. Also, rates on odesk are often pitiful...are you sure you want to go through all the processes of having your documents notarized (which can be very expensive) so to sign up for a site where even though signing up is free, chances of getting decent-paying jobs are slim?

The worst I've seen on odesk is someone charging $3 per project. Even if it's a "proofreading" project of 10 words, that shouldn't happen.

I agree. If it is another one of those cockamamie crowd-sourcing type operations that only pay pennies, why bother?

jamesguo
jamesguo
China
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks May 24, 2013

Thanks for the information. I agree that most translation jobs don't pay well on oDesk. Some are ridiculously low and I never pay attention to them. I didn't know Proz by then, so odesk was the only platform from which I got clients . I didn't count on it to make a living for me anyway. Now for some reason I need to verify my ID, which turned out to be a headache. It seems that I have to go through the painful procedures of getting some documents notarized.

I am planning to get a
... See more
Thanks for the information. I agree that most translation jobs don't pay well on oDesk. Some are ridiculously low and I never pay attention to them. I didn't know Proz by then, so odesk was the only platform from which I got clients . I didn't count on it to make a living for me anyway. Now for some reason I need to verify my ID, which turned out to be a headache. It seems that I have to go through the painful procedures of getting some documents notarized.

I am planning to get a paid membership on Proz actually, but that's another topic. Thanks again!

Rita Pang wrote:

wherestip wrote:

Collapse

Marvin Sun
Marvin Sun  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
oDesk价低,人多 May 25, 2013

曾经想过去oDesk注册,注册到一半发现似乎每笔交易oDesk都要拿提成,干脆作罢。

oDesk工作机会不少,但是感觉低价的真是很多,有些价格比中国大陆的最低价格都低,而且投标的人非常多,严重供大于求。

曾记得oDesk(希望没记错网站)上一个翻译需求发出来,下面往往数十名中文译员跟贴。或许这些跟贴的译员只是为了打广告,但真正投标的翻译还不知几多。

现在的感觉凡是从业者扎堆的地方,都没什么好价格。现在很多行业都在弄云服务,比如法律服务行业。估计那些行业的报酬也快往下掉了。

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

求助:如何进行兼职网站的ID Verification

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »