Has ProZ.com jobs partial membership been modified? (Staff: no modifications have been introduced)
Thread poster: Rita Pang
Rita Pang
Rita Pang  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:35
Member (2011)
Chinese to English
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
May 26, 2012

Hmm, is it just me, or did they remove some privileges from the partial membership?

I have been enrolled as a partial member (jobs only) since August of last year. I used to be able to submit quotes and see job postings just fine. I realized today that they seemed to have remove some privileges.

You'd think that if you want people to pay full membership, why don't you advertise it and let people know that change is coming???? It would have been nice to know instead of b
... See more
Hmm, is it just me, or did they remove some privileges from the partial membership?

I have been enrolled as a partial member (jobs only) since August of last year. I used to be able to submit quotes and see job postings just fine. I realized today that they seemed to have remove some privileges.

You'd think that if you want people to pay full membership, why don't you advertise it and let people know that change is coming???? It would have been nice to know instead of being just cut off like that.
Collapse

Jade Liu
Jade Liu  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 19:35
English to Chinese
+ ...
Partial membership? May 26, 2012

I have received many advertisements to ask me to enter the membership, but they never tell the kind of membership. What's a partial membership?

James_xia
James_xia  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
这个链接 May 26, 2012

Jade Liu wrote:

I have received many advertisements to ask me to enter the membership, but they never tell the kind of membership. What's a partial membership?

请参考一下这里,看看有帮助否?

http://www.proz.com/forum/chinese/100558-问个关于memership的问题.html#818936

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Please check the job requirements or submit a support request May 28, 2012

Dear Rita,

Please note that no changes have been introduced to the ProZ.com jobs partial membership. In case any change is introduced to ProZ.com membership or to any site service, this is in general previously announced to the community.

If you are not allowed to submit a quote on a ProZ.com job, check the informational box at the top of the job posting page to make sure that you meet the quoting requirements set by the job poster.

Also, please check the "
... See more
Dear Rita,

Please note that no changes have been introduced to the ProZ.com jobs partial membership. In case any change is introduced to ProZ.com membership or to any site service, this is in general previously announced to the community.

If you are not allowed to submit a quote on a ProZ.com job, check the informational box at the top of the job posting page to make sure that you meet the quoting requirements set by the job poster.

Also, please check the "Contact method" section of the job posting. Sometimes, job posters choose to be contacted directly via email or via their websites and so no "Submit quote" button is available, but only the job poster's email address or website URL.

Finally, if you do meet the job requirements and the "Contact method" for the job is 'Submit quote via ProZ.com', and you still cannot quote on the job (there is no "Submit quote" button available), please submit a support request specifying the job URL so that support staff can look into this further, http://www.proz.com/support

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Lucia
Collapse

Rita Pang
Rita Pang  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:35
Member (2011)
Chinese to English
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
TOPIC STARTER
价钱比较便宜 Jun 6, 2012

Jade Liu wrote:

Jade,Partial membership 价钱比较便宜。同样地你可以quote,可以看blue board,并你的profile会被视作member。好像缺少了KudoZ 方面某些功能,老实说我已经忘了是什么,但既然能忘掉我想我一开始选择这个membership之时已觉得这个不太重要。

又,james,谢谢你的提议!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Has ProZ.com jobs partial membership been modified? (Staff: no modifications have been introduced)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »