SDL Trados Studio 2017: TM Maintenance: How to export filtered entries into a new TM?
Thread poster: Katrin Lueke
Katrin Lueke
Katrin Lueke  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:35
English to German
Nov 21, 2017

Hello,
I have a very large TM, and I wish to export only the newest entries into a new TM.
Thanks to the help of Stepan Konev I was able to filter the large TM so that only the entries wit
... See more
Hello,
I have a very large TM, and I wish to export only the newest entries into a new TM.
Thanks to the help of Stepan Konev I was able to filter the large TM so that only the entries with my selected creation date were shown:
https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/320488-sdl_trados_studio_2017_tm_maintenance_how_to_search_for_entries_with_a_specific_creation_date.html
Thanks again, Stepan!

However, I failed in exporting these entries into a new TM.
In my first attempt, I created a new empty TM, and then I clicked on "Export" in the window that showed my selected entries. But the result was the message: "Export successful, 0 entries were exported". So I think maybe the entries must be marked somehow before exporting? But if so, then how?

In my second attempt I thought that maybe the solution is to first save the filter, then use the option "create a new TM based on ...", and then select the saved filter as basis to create the new TM from, but it seems that this option is not available.

So, I am at a complete loss here, and your help would be highly appreciated!

(I tried to find the answer in SDL's help files, but I find them very confusing to navigate. Same with the KB on SDL's website. I also did searches in the forums here and on SDL's website, als well as on Youtube and on the Internet in general, but I could not find the answer.)

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Katrin
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2017: TM Maintenance: How to export filtered entries into a new TM?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »