Hamid Aydin  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 08:06
Member (2008)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Oct 18, 2017

Hi everybody,

Recently I installed SDL Trados Studio 2017 while I was using SDL Trados Studio 2014. Right after the installation of 2017 version, I got errors when adding terms through Trados Studio 2014 interface. I thought this will be disappeared when I would migrate to the full version of SDL Trados Studio 2017.

And now I get a license for SDL Trados Studio 2017, and unfortunately the issue is still there. The problem I face is that when I was trying to add a term t
... See more
Hi everybody,

Recently I installed SDL Trados Studio 2017 while I was using SDL Trados Studio 2014. Right after the installation of 2017 version, I got errors when adding terms through Trados Studio 2014 interface. I thought this will be disappeared when I would migrate to the full version of SDL Trados Studio 2017.

And now I get a license for SDL Trados Studio 2017, and unfortunately the issue is still there. The problem I face is that when I was trying to add a term through SDL Trados Studio 2017 interface, I get the following error:

"Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."

which I believe comes from Microsoft database system. On the other hand, the term is added to the termbase, but I cannot make edits on the term through Studio and I get the same error each and every time.

Could you help me what could be the reason?

Best regards,

Hamid Aydin
English to Turkish Translator
Collapse

Amnon Shapira
Amnon Shapira  Identity Verified
Israel
Member (2011)
English to Hebrew
Multiterm 2017? Oct 18, 2017

Hi Hamid,
Have you installed Multiterm 2017?
If not, install it - it may solve your problem,
Regards

Hamid Aydin
Türkiye
Member (2008)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Already Installed Oct 18, 2017

Yep, after getting license for SDL Trados Studio, I also installed SDL Multiterm 2017, and updated both applications.

Upgrading between SDL Trados products have always been a nightmare for users, and nothing changed with SDL Trados Studio 2017.

Hamid Aydin
Türkiye
Member (2008)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution Found without SDL Support Oct 19, 2017

Again, I found my own solution. I uninstalled Multiterm 2014, and then uninstalled 2017, and then re-installed Multiterm 2017. Now, it works fine.

No support received from SDL.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Getting Error While Adding Terms After Installing SDL Trados Studio 2017

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »