Can I export a translation memory that is set up as e>nl tot a tmx file set up as en(uk)>nl(nl)
Thread poster: Marcel van der Grijn
Marcel van der Grijn
Marcel van der Grijn  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:36
Member (2017)
English to Dutch
Nov 8, 2018

Hi, I have (probably a noob) issue in MemoQ,

I made a new TM in memoq for a project, set it up as EN>NL and then imported a tmx file into it. After doing the translation I exported the TM tot a new tmx file and tried to deliver my work, but the system will not accept my tmx file, because it's expecting a tmx file set up as EN(UK)>NL(NL). Suddenly I remembered the fact that in trados there is no unspecified English etc, but fine. I cannot seem to reset the language of the TM. I've t
... See more
Hi, I have (probably a noob) issue in MemoQ,

I made a new TM in memoq for a project, set it up as EN>NL and then imported a tmx file into it. After doing the translation I exported the TM tot a new tmx file and tried to deliver my work, but the system will not accept my tmx file, because it's expecting a tmx file set up as EN(UK)>NL(NL). Suddenly I remembered the fact that in trados there is no unspecified English etc, but fine. I cannot seem to reset the language of the TM. I've tried cloning and changing the settings there, but I just end up with an empte TM. The option to change the language is explicitly removed, according to the memoq support site. So I'm not sure what to do next. Hope someone can help.

Cheers!
Collapse

Christophe Delaunay
Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
France
Spanish to French
+ ...
New TM Nov 8, 2018

I had the same problem until I tried to simply create a new TM with the correct caracteristics and then importing my "used" tmx. And it worked just fine

Let me know if it worked for you too.

Marcel van der Grijn
Marcel van der Grijn  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2017)
English to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
How to import Nov 8, 2018

Thanks for replying! I indeed ended up creating a new tm. But instead of importing the previous tmx I’d created I just manually confirmed all the segments again to update the tm. Luckily I only needed to send new and updated segments and it was a tiny job. I’ll try importing the “wrong” tmx, so I know what to do next time it might happen. It makes sense that would work. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer! Have a nice day.... See more
Thanks for replying! I indeed ended up creating a new tm. But instead of importing the previous tmx I’d created I just manually confirmed all the segments again to update the tm. Luckily I only needed to send new and updated segments and it was a tiny job. I’ll try importing the “wrong” tmx, so I know what to do next time it might happen. It makes sense that would work. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer! Have a nice day.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I export a translation memory that is set up as e>nl tot a tmx file set up as en(uk)>nl(nl)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »