Thread poster: Mario Cerutti
Mario Cerutti
Mario Cerutti  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 21:57
Italian to Japanese
+ ...
Jul 18, 2018

I have a doubt: Let's say that I have built a JP-IT Total Recall memory for a certain project. If I want to use the same Total Recall memory for a different JP-IT project, is it enough to add it and tick it in the dashboard or do I still have to select TotalRecall > Recall Memory... from the main menu to use it?

Thanks

[Edited at 2018-07-18 00:55 GMT]

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Either Jul 18, 2018

You can use either way.

If you use the Dashboard, you can click the Gear icon under Total Recall to check or finetune the settings that will be used when creating the Total Recall TMX.

Mario Cerutti
Mario Cerutti  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 21:57
Italian to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Fragments memory Jul 19, 2018

Thank you Jean. By the way, do you find the option "Fragments memory" of some use other than for autoassembly, which I have no interest in?

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
TM for fragments Jul 19, 2018

A TM for fragments can be used as a Termbase, for storing terms (and subsegments), but I think you've got that covered with your glossaries.

Although I rarely use it for auto-assembling, I do have a TM for fragments (Big Papa), for storing terms that I expect to reuse across projects, and only use Glossaries for storing project- or client-specific terms (or, sometimes, for non-translatables).

CafeTran offers many ways to organize your workflow, it's up to you to figure
... See more
A TM for fragments can be used as a Termbase, for storing terms (and subsegments), but I think you've got that covered with your glossaries.

Although I rarely use it for auto-assembling, I do have a TM for fragments (Big Papa), for storing terms that I expect to reuse across projects, and only use Glossaries for storing project- or client-specific terms (or, sometimes, for non-translatables).

CafeTran offers many ways to organize your workflow, it's up to you to figure out what works best for you.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Total Recall Memory

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »