Startup seeks to translate your voice

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "Startup seeks to translate your voice".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

LilianNekipelov
LilianNekipelov  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:20
Russian to English
+ ...
Jul 5, 2017

[Edited at 2017-07-05 09:21 GMT]

Alice Crisan
Alice Crisan  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:20
English to Romanian
+ ...
old advert, same story Jul 5, 2017

I know Lilian, it just doesn't works. In other words, guys if you want to keep your customers, stop using that soft and get back to work to improve it. It's time consuming and nerve-racking. Or maybe someone needs that time.🤔

LilianNekipelov
LilianNekipelov  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:20
Russian to English
+ ...
I edited my comment, and Jul 5, 2017

the whole post disappeared. It happened before as well. Please kindly do something about it, Proz, because it is really annoying. I basically said that any voice activated systems are very limited, primitive and annoying, without it being anybody's fault. When you call a bank, you hear: "Sorry, I did not get that. "I seem to be having trouble understanding you," "I still did not get that," "Did you say you wanted to close your account." "Say yes or no," or your account will be closed.. "Sorry I ... See more
the whole post disappeared. It happened before as well. Please kindly do something about it, Proz, because it is really annoying. I basically said that any voice activated systems are very limited, primitive and annoying, without it being anybody's fault. When you call a bank, you hear: "Sorry, I did not get that. "I seem to be having trouble understanding you," "I still did not get that," "Did you say you wanted to close your account." "Say yes or no," or your account will be closed.. "Sorry I still did not get that. You sometimes even have to speak in a regional dialect, or with phonological features characteristic of that region. I once had to use the Sothern way of speaking when dealing with a bank in the South, Texas. We are speaking about controlled language here--prompts, not sophisticated, spontaneous speech.Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
marketing, marketing and more marketing Jul 5, 2017

As the French song goes:

Parole, parole, parole, parole, parole
encore des paroles que tu sèmes au vent

In a free translation:

Words, words, words, words, words,
Still words that you sow at the wind.

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 14:20
Spanish to English
+ ...
Synthesize this Jul 6, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAz_UvnUeuU

Marianna Pulkkanen
Marianna Pulkkanen
Switzerland
Local time: 14:20
English to Finnish
+ ...
Synthesize this Jul 6, 2017

That's brilliant!

Alice Crisan
Alice Crisan  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Romanian
+ ...
. Jul 6, 2017

This one made my day😂 I'll bookmark it !

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Startup seeks to translate your voice

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »