Thread poster: matt robinson
matt robinson
matt robinson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:13
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Oct 4, 2016

Does anyone have any experience with or can provide any feedback on Protemos TMS? I have just received an advertising email, and it looks interesting at first sight (for both project management and accounts management, billing, etc.)

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 03:13
German to Turkish
+ ...
I got the same ad. Oct 4, 2016

Just before getting the same advertisement via ProZ, I had completed my registration into their system.

I have heard about them in a forum topic here on project management.

There offer free online service for freelancers. I liked the user interface so far and I have decided to give a try for few months. It will be my first experience ever with such a software. I'll happily share my experiences here.

Elif

matt robinson
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Protemos TMS Oct 4, 2016

Thanks Elif. I have never used an online portal of this kind either. I wonder how long they will offer it for free. I think I will probably sign up and run it alongside my current system, just to see how it works.

Protemos
Protemos
Ukraine
Local time: 02:13
Russian
+ ...
Note from the developpers Oct 5, 2016

Hi Everyone,

Our team have noticed this thread and decided to jump in.

First of all, let us assure that the software is always going to be free for the freelancers. We might consider some monetization options in the future (just because we need to keep the project running), but we will never limit the functionality which is already available for free. So there is no reason to worry that one day some feature will stop working.

For agencies, it's free till th
... See more
Hi Everyone,

Our team have noticed this thread and decided to jump in.

First of all, let us assure that the software is always going to be free for the freelancers. We might consider some monetization options in the future (just because we need to keep the project running), but we will never limit the functionality which is already available for free. So there is no reason to worry that one day some feature will stop working.

For agencies, it's free till the end of the year, and then we will start charging the fee. The difference between freelance and enterprise (agency) option is that in freelance account you have only one user and you cannot add vendors and assign the jobs to them. You can always upgrade from freelance to enterprise, but not vice versa.

Another thing I'd like to mention is that we are eager to hear the suggestions for improving the system in the next versions, so please do not hesitate to contact us with any ideas

Protemos Team
Collapse

matt robinson
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks to the Protemos team Oct 5, 2016

Thanks for your contribution. I suppose, as it is a new product, I won't get much feedback from users yet. In the next few days I'm going to sign up anyway.

Karin Murarova
Karin Murarova  Identity Verified
Slovakia
Local time: 18:13
Member (2011)
English to Slovak
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
I LIKE YOUR PORTAL May 2, 2017

Hi Protemos,

I have been using your system (freelance) for a couple of months and I do like it very much. Within the freelance portal, I am missing the possibility to add tasks within a project and it is not adapted quite well for other devices such as mobile phones, you cannot see the whole page on the screen. Otherwise, thanks for creating something so simple and free for the freelancers. Congrats!

Dagmar Merlino
Dagmar Merlino
English to German
+ ...
I like it a lot May 4, 2017

I signed up today and have been inputting my newest data. I lost my previous data due to a computer crash, so this is just what I was looking for. The longer I'm playing with it, the more I like it. It would be nice to create folders for projects (according to month for instance), and even better to be able to customize the appearance of the invoices a bit more, but for a free app, this is really great! I'm glad I found it and will keep using it for my bookkeeping/invoicing!

Keep up
... See more
I signed up today and have been inputting my newest data. I lost my previous data due to a computer crash, so this is just what I was looking for. The longer I'm playing with it, the more I like it. It would be nice to create folders for projects (according to month for instance), and even better to be able to customize the appearance of the invoices a bit more, but for a free app, this is really great! I'm glad I found it and will keep using it for my bookkeeping/invoicing!

Keep up the good work!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Protemos TMS

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »