Enrico C - ECLC
Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 05:34
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 12, 2017

As per subject.

I was pretranslating a 416 words job. The pretranslation had already been going on for like 19 minutes with slow 1% increments, when i decided to stop it and translate manually not to waste time. Studio crashed, and when i tried to reopen it, it refused to open.

The error it gives me is "Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.ProjectManagement.lProjectManagementService" could not be started.

Reparing the installation doesn't seem to work.

... See more
As per subject.

I was pretranslating a 416 words job. The pretranslation had already been going on for like 19 minutes with slow 1% increments, when i decided to stop it and translate manually not to waste time. Studio crashed, and when i tried to reopen it, it refused to open.

The error it gives me is "Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.ProjectManagement.lProjectManagementService" could not be started.

Reparing the installation doesn't seem to work.

Anyone had the same issue?

[Edited at 2017-08-12 07:05 GMT]
Collapse

Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:34
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Unfortunately Aug 12, 2017

I don't hear anything else but that and I am therefore holding off on the install. You can google around and find a lot of people talking about it. I have not delved into what the problem is.

Enrico C - ECLC
Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 05:34
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have solved this. Aug 12, 2017

Lianne van de Ven wrote:

I don't hear anything else but that and I am therefore holding off on the install. You can google around and find a lot of people talking about it. I have not delved into what the problem is.

This occurred also with 2014 (on other users, never to me). So i went check around and found this:"Simply deleting C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\Studio 2011\Projects\ projects.xml worked.", in this Proz Thread: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/191689-urgent_servicesdltranslationstudioapiproject_management_could_not_be_started.html

It worked for me.

Other random crashes and the fact that it takes ages to pretranslate files (hence causing the user to abort the process with these ensuing issues) is, for me, a huge problem, one of the many, like opening huge Tms in the Translation Memory window of Studio...5, 10 mins at times; sometimes it crashes

[Edited at 2017-08-12 07:04 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2017 SR can't be opened anymore

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »