Jose Ruivo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 12:20
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jun 23, 2017

Hello,

I am trying to perform a search for a couple of words in a TM. Having opened the TM view and the TM in question, when I order a "Find", it keeps asking me page after page if I wish to search the next pages for the term I have entered... Is there a way around this, please?

Thank you,
jose ruivo

Ben Senior
Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:20
German to English
Use Studio Jun 23, 2017

You could put the word you want in a test document and translate it as a single document in Studio, attaching your TM to the project. If you open the file for translation in Studio do a concordance search for the words you are looking for. It is also possible from Studio to edit the translation units, if that's what you are looking to do.

A better way of searching a TM is to use XBench, Oliphant or Heartsome. In these programs all the TUs are displayed one after the other, not in pa
... See more
You could put the word you want in a test document and translate it as a single document in Studio, attaching your TM to the project. If you open the file for translation in Studio do a concordance search for the words you are looking for. It is also possible from Studio to edit the translation units, if that's what you are looking to do.

A better way of searching a TM is to use XBench, Oliphant or Heartsome. In these programs all the TUs are displayed one after the other, not in pages as in Studio.

Regards,

Ben

[Edited at 2017-06-23 17:49 GMT]
Collapse

Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:20
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
XBench Jun 23, 2017

I second the use of XBench. I use it for every project in Studio, and a lot for searches in the project files as well as the tm's.

Jose Ruivo
Jose Ruivo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 12:20
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jun 26, 2017

Thank you Ben and Liane,

X-bench seem the easiest for what I want!

Best,
joseruivo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Search in TM view

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »