katerina turevich
katerina turevich  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:47
Dutch to English
+ ...
Aug 14, 2016

Hi,

I'd like to do a bit of research for my own on-going project right here in this thread - I'd like to count the votes for a preferred hyperlink text:

Terug naar de inhoudsopgave
Terug naar inhoudsopgave
Inhoudsopgave

the first is too long - the second is not quite grammatically correct - the third is visually too strong and daunting; all three are used interchangeably without any noticeable differential effect
or can it be simply "Terug
... See more
Hi,

I'd like to do a bit of research for my own on-going project right here in this thread - I'd like to count the votes for a preferred hyperlink text:

Terug naar inhoudsopgave
Inhoudsopgave

the first is too long - the second is not quite grammatically correct - the third is visually too strong and daunting; all three are used interchangeably without any noticeable differential effect
or can it be simply "Terug", which would be my preference if this was possible)

I would welcome it, if instead of expressing you preference, you provide a reference to some clear authoritative source. Or both.
Thank you.
Collapse

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 09:47
Button Aug 15, 2016

Terug (Back) can also refer to the previous page, so I would avoid it. I think that a link like:

Inhoud >

Or an arrow-shaped button like:

[Inhoud >

Is very common.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »